Old 25-07-2006, 03:46 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Rye grass

I have just planted a mix of annual and perennial rye grass. A friend tells
me the perennial rye grass will stay green year round and I could be mowing
my lawn on Christmas day. Is that possible?

Old 25-07-2006, 01:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 21:46:27 -0500, "Freckles"
wrote:

I have just planted a mix of annual and perennial rye grass. A friend tells
me the perennial rye grass will stay green year round and I could be mowing
my lawn on Christmas day. Is that possible?

Probably not, if you live in Sault Ste Marie Michigan. Your lawn
there would probably be under about 4' of snow.

Regards,

Hal
Old 25-07-2006, 11:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
TQ TQ is offline

"Freckles" wrote in message
I have just planted a mix of annual and perennial rye grass. A friend

tells
me the perennial rye grass will stay green year round and I could be

mowing
my lawn on Christmas day. Is that possible?

Grass grows when daytime temps reach the 40s, so depending on where you
live, you could be mowing the yard come Xmas.

Old 26-07-2006, 08:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

I have just planted a mix of annual and perennial rye grass. A friend
tells
me the perennial rye grass will stay green year round and I could be
mowing
my lawn on Christmas day. Is that possible?

Probably not, if you live in Sault Ste Marie Michigan. Your lawn
there would probably be under about 4' of snow.

Regards,

Hal

I live in Arlington Texas

Old 26-07-2006, 01:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 02:02:42 -0500, "Freckles"
wrote:

I have just planted a mix of annual and perennial rye grass. A friend
tells
me the perennial rye grass will stay green year round and I could be
mowing
my lawn on Christmas day. Is that possible?

Probably not, if you live in Sault Ste Marie Michigan. Your lawn
there would probably be under about 4' of snow.

Regards,

Hal

I live in Arlington Texas

Keep the mower sharp, just in case. I raised turnips and collards
during the winter when I was at San Antonio. Never spent a winter
near Big D.

It only takes a little while to mow the lawn and look at all the green
color you will have that few others have. It isn't nearly so hot
that time of year and far more pleasant to mow.

Regards,

Hal

[IMG] code is On

To Rye or not to rye, this is the question Art Vega Texas 9 02-11-2004 03:26 PM
Rye grass? Texas 2 17-09-2003 01:36 AM
Changing over from Winter Rye Grass Vicky Lawns 1 09-05-2003 12:32 AM
Planting Winter Rye Grass Paul W. Campbell Lawns 1 05-05-2003 10:57 PM
how can i kill rye grass?? info Gardening 6 03-03-2003 04:27 PM