Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2006, 08:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default planting hedge

hi
i would be grateful for any advice for planting an already mature hedge.

after a dispute with my neighbour, i am keen to plant a hedge along the side
of my front garden, but i want the privacy as soon as possible, i.e not have
to wait possibly 2 or 3 years for a hedge to grow.

the length of the hedge only needs to be about 2 meters, but i would ideally
like a height of about 1.5 - 2 meters straight away. also as dense as
possible, and evergreen!

would just putting a row of some kind of firs close together work?

this will be alongside a concrete wall about 1m in height if that makes a
difference

i do not have any gardening experience so if you have any ideas please post!

many thanks,
dave