Old 02-10-2006, 08:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default blueberry netting

Last week someone stole the blueberry netting off a bush in front of my
house. It's the end of the season and I'm in a relatively safe
residential neighborhood, but I'm near a student neighborhood. Is
there some other use to which this stuff can be put that would make
someone want to steal it?

Old 02-10-2006, 08:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

"janet" wrote in message
ups.com...
Last week someone stole the blueberry netting off a bush in front of my
house. It's the end of the season and I'm in a relatively safe
residential neighborhood, but I'm near a student neighborhood. Is
there some other use to which this stuff can be put that would make
someone want to steal it?

Nursing home - cheap source of hair nets for old ladies.

Old 02-10-2006, 10:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

"janet" wrote in message
ups.com...
Last week someone stole the blueberry netting off a bush in front of my
house. It's the end of the season and I'm in a relatively safe
residential neighborhood, but I'm near a student neighborhood. Is
there some other use to which this stuff can be put that would make
someone want to steal it?

If you twist the whole thing and slash small holes with a razor, you could
make cobwebs for Halloween?
betsy

Old 07-10-2006, 07:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

I need some netting for my blueberries and grapes. Where did you get yours
from? I live in Canada. The deer and birds really like my fruit.

As for the students, probably just a prank preceeded by a lot of beer
drinking. Set some leg hold trap for the little *******s.

Farmer John
45N, 77W

Old 07-10-2006, 07:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

"fudge" wrote in message
I need some netting for my blueberries and grapes. Where did you get yours
from? I live in Canada. The deer and birds really like my fruit.

As for the students, probably just a prank preceeded by a lot of beer
drinking. Set some leg hold trap for the little *******s.

Farmer John
45N, 77W

Deer will probably get their feet tangled in the netting, rip it as they
extricate themselves, and then there'll be bigger holes for the birds, who
*will* find the holes.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

"fudge" wrote in message

I need some netting for my blueberries and grapes. Where did
you
get yours from? I live in Canada. The deer and birds really
like my
fruit.
As for the students, probably just a prank preceeded by a lot
of
beer drinking. Set some leg hold trap for the little *******s.

Farmer John
45N, 77W

Birds never bother my blueberries.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 08-10-2006, 08:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

Then you don't have any Bluejays, Scarlet Tanagers, Cedar Waxwings or
Robins around. Perhaps all your fruit eating birds have something better to
gobble up than blueberries. They also like chokecherries and Saskatoon
berries. What really ****es me off is when they all squack at me any time I
go near the blueberry patch.
Most winters, rodents eat the tender fruit bearing tips of the blueberry
bushes. Some years I am lucky to get enough fruit for a single blueberry
pie.

F.J.

45N,77W

Old 08-10-2006, 09:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 15:07:48 -0400, "fudge"
wrote:

Then you don't have any Bluejays, Scarlet Tanagers, Cedar Waxwings or
Robins around. Perhaps all your fruit eating birds have something better to
gobble up than blueberries. They also like chokecherries and Saskatoon
berries. What really ****es me off is when they all squack at me any time I
go near the blueberry patch.
Most winters, rodents eat the tender fruit bearing tips of the blueberry
bushes. Some years I am lucky to get enough fruit for a single blueberry
pie.

F.J.

45N,77W

I use the bird netting or deer netting sold at Home Depot. It works
well and it is difficult to see from a distance. I suggest keeping
the netting off the ground and away from the lawn mower. My blueberry
crop was not large this year--I have 4 well-established plants and a
young small plant.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

"fudge" wrote in message

Then you don't have any Bluejays, Scarlet Tanagers, Cedar
Waxwings or Robins around. Perhaps all your fruit eating birds
have
something better to gobble up than blueberries. They also like
chokecherries and Saskatoon berries. What really ****es me off
is
when they all squack at me any time I go near the blueberry
patch.
Most winters, rodents eat the tender fruit bearing tips of the
blueberry bushes. Some years I am lucky to get enough fruit for
single blueberry pie.

F.J.

45N,77W

I have Robins, Stellar Jays and Starlings. I have no netting and
berries on the bush right now.

--
Travis' location

47° 46' 27.57" N 122° 21' 11.76" W
Elev. 486'

Old 09-10-2006, 02:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Travis M." wrote in message
"fudge" wrote in message

Then you don't have any Bluejays, Scarlet Tanagers, Cedar
Waxwings or Robins around. Perhaps all your fruit eating birds have
something better to gobble up than blueberries. They also like
chokecherries and Saskatoon berries. What really ****es me off is
when they all squack at me any time I go near the blueberry patch.
Most winters, rodents eat the tender fruit bearing tips of the
blueberry bushes. Some years I am lucky to get enough fruit for a
single blueberry pie.

F.J.

45N,77W

I have Robins, Stellar Jays and Starlings. I have no netting and berries
on the bush right now.

Shhhhh......don't publicize the berries.