Old 24-11-2006, 11:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Hydroponics

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

What are you trying to grow, and what information is missing?

Blueberry bushes typically bloom in their third season. My
thought is that if I start them hydroponically I may be able
to advance the blooming. But they have to be moved outside
after they reach 4 feet in height due to interior constraints.

It would be nice to know if anyone has done this. I know that
it works with dwarf fruit trees, but blueberries?

Bigger question is system. Ebb-n-flow is the easiest. A drip
system may be slightly better because it requires a lower
height base than does ebb-n-flow. Almost all commercial growers
use an NFT system which is not a realistic option for me.
I am aware of commercial hydroponic growers of roses, tomatoes,
lettuce, etc., but none of berries.

Critical issue is nutrients. This is always the critical issue
as stores want to sell you what they have in stock. If I do
this, I'm willing to mix my own nutrients to get optimal
results.

Dick
Old 24-11-2006, 11:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

What are you trying to grow, and what information is missing?

Blueberry bushes typically bloom in their third season. My
thought is that if I start them hydroponically I may be able
to advance the blooming. But they have to be moved outside
after they reach 4 feet in height due to interior constraints.

It would be nice to know if anyone has done this. I know that
it works with dwarf fruit trees, but blueberries?

What kind of light are you using indoors?

Old 25-11-2006, 05:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Dick Adams" wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

What are you trying to grow, and what information is missing?

Blueberry bushes typically bloom in their third season. My
thought is that if I start them hydroponically I may be able
to advance the blooming. But they have to be moved outside
after they reach 4 feet in height due to interior constraints.

It would be nice to know if anyone has done this. I know that
it works with dwarf fruit trees, but blueberries?

What kind of light are you using indoors?

It's a Hyrdofarm and I beleive it is 600 watts.

Dick
Old 25-11-2006, 01:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Dick Adams" wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

What are you trying to grow, and what information is missing?

Blueberry bushes typically bloom in their third season. My
thought is that if I start them hydroponically I may be able
to advance the blooming. But they have to be moved outside
after they reach 4 feet in height due to interior constraints.

It would be nice to know if anyone has done this. I know that
it works with dwarf fruit trees, but blueberries?

What kind of light are you using indoors?

It's a Hyrdofarm and I beleive it is 600 watts.

Dick

I'm not thoroughly familiar with that, but since blueberries and marijuana
both love plenty of direct sunlight, you might want to browse that site I
gave you, to get an idea about whether you're giving your plants enough
light.

[IMG] code is On

FS: Hydroponics Gear ^Doc^ Gardening 1 30-11-2003 03:12 PM
Non-Circulating Hydroponics chris sci.agriculture 5 04-05-2003 11:56 PM
Hydroponics for orchids? Kevin Orchids 2 20-03-2003 03:32 PM
FYI - hydroponics growers Jim Carter Edible Gardening 1 23-02-2003 09:15 PM
hydroponics Bill Shoemaker Edible Gardening 0 30-01-2003 11:30 PM