Old 26-12-2006, 08:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default CHEAP VEGETABLE SEEDS?

Can anyone suggest a place to order vegetable seeds online, fairly
cheap? I wanna order my seeds before spring and get some started
early... but the local places here sell seeds right around spring
time - too late in the season for early plantings...and most of the
places like burpee.com can be expensive if you order several
packages.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Old 27-12-2006, 02:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

Thanks for the info. I have a large collection of seeds, but I still
buy the hybrid variety vegetables since I cannot collect and use
those seeds. Someone needs to get a website together where gardners
can exchange seeds... or has that already been done?

Thanks again!

Old 27-12-2006, 03:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
Someone needs to get a website together where gardners
can exchange seeds... or has that already been done?

Never used it myself, but
www.gardenweb.com has what looks to be a very
active seed exchange. If you live in the US, Canada and Australia then
you can post on their forums and exchange seeds via a self addressed
stamped envelope (SASE). Not sure about other countries.

Old 27-12-2006, 03:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Nevermind" wrote in message
Can anyone suggest a place to order vegetable seeds online, fairly
cheap? I wanna order my seeds before spring and get some started
early... but the local places here sell seeds right around spring
time - too late in the season for early plantings...and most of the
places like burpee.com can be expensive if you order several
packages.

In addition to the other suggestions, compare prices at:
www.stokesseeds.com

And, this is a good guide for how long you can get away with storing various
types of seeds:
http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/garden/07221.html

The page is down at the moment. Keep trying.

Old 27-12-2006, 04:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

Vivek.M wrote:
wrote:

Someone needs to get a website together where gardners
can exchange seeds... or has that already been done?

Never used it myself, but
www.gardenweb.com has what looks to be a very
active seed exchange. If you live in the US, Canada and Australia then
you can post on their forums and exchange seeds via a self addressed
stamped envelope (SASE). Not sure about other countries.

yeah, there's a system for something similar at www.davesgarden.com .

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old 28-12-2006, 03:45 AM posted to rec.gardens

I get my stuff from www.rareseeds.com, and www.gurneys.com. But you don't
want cheap cheap - you get what you pay for. In some cases you might want
the more expensive seeds, depending on what you grow. I need disease
resistant pumpkins and squash - last year, mildew destroyed all of my squash
and pumpkins. by the end of August.

Old 28-12-2006, 05:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
Can anyone suggest a place to order vegetable seeds online, fairly
cheap? I wanna order my seeds before spring and get some started
early... but the local places here sell seeds right around spring
time - too late in the season for early plantings...and most of the
places like burpee.com can be expensive if you order several
packages.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
Web @
http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

You can check out my website - (yes this is a shameless plug) I have
some posted, and will continue to add to it this week.

http://www.growersinfo.com

Craig Cooper
growersinfo.com

Old 28-12-2006, 05:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
Thanks for the info. I have a large collection of seeds, but I still
buy the hybrid variety vegetables since I cannot collect and use
those seeds. Someone needs to get a website together where gardners
can exchange seeds... or has that already been done?

Thanks again!

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
Web @
http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Again - you can use my website (it is brand new). In the community
section, there is an area set up for people that would like to exchange
seeds.

http://www.growersinfo.com