Old 12-01-2007, 02:39 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default What odd, interesting things have you dug up while gardening?

Somewhat off topic I know, still????

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old 12-01-2007, 02:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 02:39:46 GMT, Carl 1 Lucky Texan
wrote:

Somewhat off topic I know, still????

You mean like cat poop?
Old 12-01-2007, 02:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Somewhat off topic I know, still????

You mean like cat poop?

Only if its fossilized smilodon poop!

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old 12-01-2007, 02:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 02:39:46 GMT, Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:

Somewhat off topic I know, still????

We found a gas cooker complete with oven trays and something very old and
icky inside, buried about a foot down on it's side at the bottom of our
garden when we decided to clear it for a veg patch!
Old 16-01-2007, 09:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

bigjon in
:

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 02:39:46 GMT, Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:

Somewhat off topic I know, still????

We found a gas cooker complete with oven trays and something very
old and icky inside, buried about a foot down on it's side at the
bottom of our garden when we decided to clear it for a veg patch!

lotsa toys, broken window panes, asbestos from construction junk, car parts (small), abandoned drains elec conduit,,,,,

can't remember anything interesting.

Old 12-01-2007, 04:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

Jimmy Hoffa.

Best regards, ;-)
Bob

Old 12-01-2007, 12:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Jimmy Hoffa.

Best regards, ;-)
Bob

Hang on - I thought *I* had Hoffa! Did youse find a large, tasteless gold
chain around his neck?

Old 12-01-2007, 04:33 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" wrote in message
.. .
Somewhat off topic I know, still????

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Indian arrowhead. Old bottles frm 1800s. Old rusty pipe joint.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

"JohnS" wrote in :

"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" wrote in message
.. .
Somewhat off topic I know, still????

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Indian arrowhead. Old bottles frm 1800s. Old rusty pipe joint.

Back in NY:

I found an Indian pendant stone. My house was on a well known portage
route between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario along the Niagara gorge.

Clay marbles, too, and a small leg from a porcelain doll.

And a complete brick pathway which ran from the house through the
backyard for 90' or so...

Here in Indiana:

Medicine bottles. Apparently a doctor had a house/office nearby and he
used what is now the horse pasture and our backyard as a dumping ground.
My draft horse generally destroys the bottles that pop up in the pasture
but not always -- sometimes I get one out intact.
Old 13-01-2007, 02:09 AM posted to rec.gardens

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
"JohnS" wrote in :

[...]

Keep watch. Maybe something of great value comes up. Some old bottles have
good value.

Old 13-01-2007, 03:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

"JohnS" wrote in :

[...]

My horse recently demolished a medicine bottle of lovely lavender
colored, clear glass. I suspect that one might have had some value.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Somewhat off topic I know, still????

Marbles, lots of them, antiques. The house I bought was in one family
for 40+ years. They raised four boys here. When I began renovating
the house I found tons of marbles in the walls and began collecting
them.

Then when I started my garden, more marbles. For years I would find
them whereever I dug. I think that I must have found most of them by
now as I don't run into them very often anymore.

Based on eBay prices I expect that I have 1
$1,000+ in marbles now.

John
Old 13-01-2007, 11:11 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Somewhat off topic I know, still????

Marbles, lots of them, antiques. The house I bought was in one family
for 40+ years. They raised four boys here. When I began renovating
the house I found tons of marbles in the walls and began collecting
them.

Then when I started my garden, more marbles. For years I would find
them whereever I dug. I think that I must have found most of them by
now as I don't run into them very often anymore.

Based on eBay prices I expect that I have 1
$1,000+ in marbles now.

John

a 1953 thruppence and heaps of old rusty nails.

rob

Old 16-01-2007, 10:14 AM posted to rec.gardens

John Bachman in :

Based on eBay prices I expect that I have 1
$1,000+ in marbles now.

someone really lost a lot of their marbles.