Old 17-04-2007, 11:43 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Two-spotted spider mite--which miticide?

What kinds of matricides are effective with controlling the
two-spotted spider mite? Forceful water spraying is not an option
with tender plants, plus I have had issues with black spot. Is
there an alternative to Malathion? (Is this effective?) Can't use a
systemic on edibles. Does Raid (Home and Garden) dissipate after some
weeks? I've looked for preditors, but these are not so easy to
find/buy. Thanks.
Old 17-04-2007, 02:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:43:51 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

What kinds of matricides are effective with controlling the
two-spotted spider mite? Forceful water spraying is not an option
with tender plants, plus I have had issues with black spot. Is
there an alternative to Malathion? (Is this effective?) Can't use a
systemic on edibles. Does Raid (Home and Garden) dissipate after some
weeks? I've looked for preditors, but these are not so easy to
find/buy. Thanks.

If you must kill them, you can get very effective results by using
insecticidal soap, which is now sold everywhere. Follow the label
directions for spider mites. There are plants which you should't use
insecticidal soap on, so really be sure you read those too. All right
there on the label.

The trick is to spray the plant undersides of the leaves and saturate
it at least 3 times, 4 days apart. Do not use more than suggested on
the bottle as this can also kill the plant by burning the foliage in
the hot sun. For this reason, I say do it at dusk.
Old 17-04-2007, 11:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Apr 17, 3:43 am, Phisherman wrote:
What kinds of matricides are effective with controlling the
two-spotted spider mite? Forceful water spraying is not an option
with tender plants, plus I have had issues with black spot. Is
there an alternative to Malathion? (Is this effective?) Can't use a
systemic on edibles. Does Raid (Home and Garden) dissipate after some
weeks? I've looked for preditors, but these are not so easy to
find/buy. Thanks.

You are planning to kill your Mother???????

Old 18-04-2007, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

Pesticide Selection
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/spring.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.