Old 28-04-2007, 04:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Where are you all?

It would be useful, where follks are posting, if they indicated their
location & tyupe of climate.

I keep intending to do that in my siganture but haven't quite got
control of my newsreader yet. (Forte Agent - very versatile but a bit
complex in the options dept.)

Here goes another try.

Alexander Miller, Vancouver Island; Zone 7-8ish?
Soggy winters, baked dry summers.
Shallow topsoil, blue clay beneath.
Using mostly raised beds
Old 28-04-2007, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

Haha, that really worked, eh?
Back to the drawing XX key board

Old 28-04-2007, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

g'day alex,

where we live is all described on our web page,

and we are devotees of raised gardens.

climatic or numbered zone ereferences are a rough guide, as most of us
in what ever zone/climate we are in have micro-climates, that is why
one gardener in a community may be able to do what another can't.

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:40:43 GMT, wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
Old 28-04-2007, 07:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote in message
It would be useful, where follks are posting, if they indicated their
location & tyupe of climate.

I keep intending to do that in my siganture but haven't quite got
control of my newsreader yet. (Forte Agent - very versatile but a bit
complex in the options dept.)

Here goes another try.

Alexander Miller, Vancouver Island; Zone 7-8ish?
Soggy winters, baked dry summers.
Shallow topsoil, blue clay beneath.
Using mostly raised beds
Alexander Miller,Vancouver Island;
Zone 7-8ish?
Shallow topsoil, blue clay beneath.
Soggy winters, baked dry summers.
Using mostly raised beds

It is a good idea to use a sig delimiter.
Sigs longer than 4 lines is frowned upon by many.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

Old 28-04-2007, 07:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

"Travis M." expounded:

It is called a sig delimiter. Google will bring up more info than you
probably want or need.

Yes, Travis, I know that. Most don't, so I was trying to keep it
simple.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 28-04-2007, 09:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

Austin, Texas
Zone 8b
HOT HOT HOT in summer, mild winters.

Old 30-04-2007, 03:46 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
John McWilliams wrote:

William Rose wrote:
In article ,
John McWilliams wrote:

wrote:
"Google will bring up more info than you probably want or need."

I may be alredy getting that )

Alexander Miller, Vancouver Island; Zone 7-8ish?
Soggy winters, baked dry summers.
Shallow topsoil, blue clay beneath.
Using mostly raised beds
A sig delimiter is really quite necessary. I'd remove the smiley as
well, as it's ambiguous as well as annoying.

--
john mcwilliams
SF East Bay

John, John, John,
stand tall and proud,
and say it out loud

If my back weren't killing me right now, I would!

East Bay is Oakland (Is the city's motto really, "Come Back, We weren't
Shooting at You"?) and Beezerkly, cultural and intellectual Mecca's of
the Left Coast, respectively.

I have wee problems with the Gov'ts of both burgs, and live in neither.

You don't want to go identifying yourself with them quiche munchin',
chardonnay guzzlin' beatniks and hippies of San Francisco, who are
always lost in the fog do you? That is fog . . . isn't it?

I'd be o.k. with that.

Just an hour away (three hours during commute),

N, S, E?

j.

John,
Forestville, up by Santa Rosa, north of the "City". I hope your back is
from too much fun in the garden. Sometimes I can get rid of back
problems by lying on my back and then crunching up and pointing my elbow
at the opposite knee, 10 or 20 times. It twists your spine and puts
tracion on it at the same time. If you have a bad disk though, forget I
said anything. Whatcha growin'?
- Bill
Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)