Old 11-06-2007, 05:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Anyone have experience with the GARDENA Turbotrimmer accuCut?

I was at Home Depot yesterday here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and
noticed this new trimmer they had on display:

http://www.gardena.com/servlet/Produ...egory_rn=18376

It is powered by a lithium ion battery. I had been set on the Black
and Decker 18V grasshog cordless trimmer since it got good reviews,
but being a battery freak I am interested in this lithium powered
model. However I cannot find any reviews on this Gardena trimmer.

Anyone have any experience with it? It looks good however it uses
blades instead of string which could be good or bad.

-Xoltri.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:04:37 -0700, xoltri wrote:

I was at Home Depot yesterday here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and
noticed this new trimmer they had on display:

http://www.gardena.com/servlet/Produ...egory_rn=18376

It is powered by a lithium ion battery. I had been set on the Black and
Decker 18V grasshog cordless trimmer since it got good reviews, but being
a battery freak I am interested in this lithium powered model. However I
cannot find any reviews on this Gardena trimmer.

Anyone have any experience with it? It looks good however it uses blades
instead of string which could be good or bad.

-Xoltri.

Here in Europe, Gardena products are expensive cult items. I used to
figure that for that money, they are probably at least first rate quality.
But I've come to change my mind on that.

I mean, the basic premise is that they're going to cleverly use plastic to
solve old problems in new ways.

Unfortunately, plastic breaks. Especially for garden tools, which are
exposed to UV radiation.

Sprayer heads last maybe 3 seasons. We bought an expensive Gardena brush
to wash the car - but after 3 seasons, the soap gizmo broke, making the
whole thing worthless.

Okay, nobody makes anything in brass anymore (usually). But if it's going
to be in plastic, cheap should be cheap.

But that didn't have anything to do with your question.

It sounds like an awful lot of Lithium.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:36 PM posted to rec.gardens

Thanks for the honest opinions. I'll definately wait to see if I can
find a review before I pick this up.