Old 16-06-2007, 08:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default attack of the bunnies

In article ,
says...
"Leythos" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,

says...
"Leythos" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,

says...
"Leythos" wrote in message
. ..
In article . com,
says...
We have some rabbits eating some of the plants in our garden. any
good
deternts?

we like the bunnies, and prefer them to be here, and eat somethign
besides our garden. it's not like there isnt 1000 other plants out
there for them

Get a dog - my dogs keep the animals, including the geese, away from
everything - the only had thing is that they eat the green tomato's
before they ripen.
Leythos

But, then he'll have a dog. That's just trading one problem for
another.

You could look at it that way, or you could look at it as a great
thing.

I've had Shepard's or huskies all my life, best dang animals I've ever
worked with and owned (like they really let you own them). I had a real
wolf for several years, that was the best years in my life.

My huskies will snatch a bird out of the air if they get close to the
plants, they have taken 6 geese in the last few years - they would fly
in to get the plants and never make it out - funny thing is the heads
are missing and no other damage to the birds.

The dogs, until they started eating the green tomato's
Leythos

I see people walking dogs here when it's 3 degrees and snow's blowing
sideways, or, constantly shoveling snow off the lawn to make a space for
the
dog to crap, and I think........you don't wanna know.

My dogs crap on top the snow, it melts down, then freezes - as the days
progress it's easy to pickup as a chunk, almost like a (never mind). I
have a hard time getting the huskies in out of the cold, doesn't matter
if it's snow, sleet, etc....

What I hate is when people let their dogs loose or let them crap in my
front yard without cleaning it up.
Leythos

Here's one you'll love: About 6 weeks ago, I'm working in the yard and some
putz with a pistol target dog (those little shits that nobody likes) comes
along, lets the dog stop on my lawn, and I see that he's got nothing with
him to clean it up. I smiled and said "Excuse me. Would you please pick that
up?" His answer: "No, I won't". I told him that was illegal (which it is).
He gave me the usual dog criminal bullshit about how the first so many feet
of property belongs to the town (which it does not).

That problem got solved very quickly and creatively. He doesn't even come
down this street any more.

I would just take a picture of him and his dog and post it in my front
yard - This person disrespects property owners by allowing their dog to
crap in our yards.

--

Leythos
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
Old 17-06-2007, 02:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Leythos" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...
"Leythos" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,

says...
"Leythos" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,

says...
"Leythos" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

What am I gonna do? Ask him to hang on a moment while I go get my camera?
No. I put down my tools (although I was tempted to skewer his little dog
with a pitch fork. I began walking alongside him, and told him I would keep
doing so until we reached his house. I told him that once I knew where he
lived, I would stop by any time I felt like it and maybe **** on his front
door, or car door handles. Or, maybe roll my trash barrel down there and
dump it on his lawn, just because I felt like it. Arbitrarily, just like his
action. I told him I'd been dealing with people like him for 20+ years, he
was about to get into a situation he was not prepared to handle. He finally
stopped and said "fine I'll clean it up". He stopped back a little while
later and cleaned it up.

Great fun.

Old 17-06-2007, 09:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Leythos" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...
"Leythos" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,

says...
"Leythos" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,

says...
"Leythos" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Classic ol' guy routine Joe. Good cardio work out. Gets the ol' sap
flowing. Problem is there are too many land mines floating around these
days. I'm not saying that I wouldn't have shown the same graciousness
towards the guy as you but people around here can get shot for giving an
odd look. Especially, if it's a cocky little guy. If he is cocky, he has
an edge. So talk nice, get away from inquiring eyes, and when he turns
his head, "freedom" whack him.

I suspect your getting too old for this sort of thing anyway.

- Billy
Billy
Old 18-06-2007, 02:59 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Leythos" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...
"Leythos" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,

says...
"Leythos" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,

says...
"Leythos" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Nah...I'm getting younger and crazier. I work too hard for my little estate
to let some skank ass dog criminal ruin my day. I like my methods. Convince
people that they're dealing with a loose cannon. Fear is a great motivator.

True story: The house next to mine is empty. Old lady died, son is fixing up
the place to sell it. I came home the other day and saw a car in his
driveway that wasn't familiar. The car pulled out, and into my driveway. The
driver gets out and introduces himself as Bob from Alien Industries. There
were string trimmers and leaf blowers making noise nearby, so I asked him
"Alien? Did you say alien?" He showed me his makeshift portfolio, which
clearly said "Alien Industries"* and asked if I needed any home
improvements. I told him "No...I'm all set". He looked at the roof and said
it needed replacement. I acknowledged that it did, and that my son and I
would be doing it this summer. He said "Anything else you're thinking of?" I
told him no. He started reciting a list of home improvements I should think
about. I interrupted him and said "Ya know...there are some stray dogs that
keep crapping on my lawn. Do you do assassinations? I'd be willing to pay
for that if you can bring me the heads to prove the work was done." He
quickly moved back to his car, telling me "No sir. We don't do
assassinations!"

:-) :-) I love it. How To Clear The Property of Aliens

* I don't know who registers business names, but someone's not on the ball,
obviously. There's a Chinese restaurant here called "House of Poon". Nobody
thought to tell the owner that the name was iffy?

Old 18-06-2007, 06:46 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

No sir. We don't do
assassinations!

I get the same reaction when I ask the Better Business Bureau if they
would support the impeachment of George Bush.

Just watch out for the cocky ones.
--
Billy

[IMG] code is On

Bunnies Jo North Carolina 6 02-05-2006 01:35 AM
Bunnies Not So Cute Anymore Key Bored Gardening 6 18-08-2004 04:47 PM
Bunnies LeeAnne Gardening 15 29-05-2004 04:02 AM
Bunnies LeeAnne Gardening 0 08-03-2004 04:48 PM
Bunnies and raised beds rudy Gardening 8 18-06-2003 05:32 AM