Old 26-06-2007, 04:03 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default The importance of Fruit and Vegetable Juices in your Diet

The importance of Fruit and Vegetable Juices in your Diet
Fruits and Vegetable juices can do wonder to your health,find out
here :
http://www.foodone.blogspot.com

Old 26-06-2007, 06:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article . com,
David wrote:

The importance of Fruit and Vegetable Juices in your Diet
Fruits and Vegetable juices can do wonder to your health,find out
here :
http://www.foodone.blogspot.com

But not if you are diabetic.
--
Billy
Old 26-06-2007, 03:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

"David" wrote in message
ups.com...
The importance of Fruit and Vegetable Juices in your Diet
Fruits and Vegetable juices can do wonder to your health,find out
here :
http://www.foodone.blogspot.com

Paying attention in English class would've done wonders for your writing
ability.

Old 26-06-2007, 11:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:27:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
oups.com...
The importance of Fruit and Vegetable Juices in your Diet
Fruits and Vegetable juices can do wonder to your health,find out
here :
http://www.foodone.blogspot.com

Paying attention in English class would've done wonders for your writing
ability.

Got a chuckle out of that one. English teachers today aren't that
far ahead of their students! Don't forget, except for the most
senior ones, they grew up and were "trained" in a "scholarly" climate
where grammar and syntax, not to mention spelling and punctuation,
(yes, I know they're part of g & s) are becoming forgotten arts.

Capitalizing nouns a la David is characteristic of a foreign writer.
German does it routinely; probably other languages as well? Which?

P.
Old 26-06-2007, 11:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

Persephone wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:27:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
roups.com...
The importance of Fruit and Vegetable Juices in your Diet
Fruits and Vegetable juices can do wonder to your health,find out
here :
http://www.foodone.blogspot.com

Paying attention in English class would've done wonders for your writing
ability.

Got a chuckle out of that one. English teachers today aren't that
far ahead of their students! Don't forget, except for the most
senior ones, they grew up and were "trained" in a "scholarly" climate
where grammar and syntax, not to mention spelling and punctuation,
(yes, I know they're part of g & s) are becoming forgotten arts.

Capitalizing nouns a la David is characteristic of a foreign writer.
German does it routinely; probably other languages as well? Which?

P.

The noun capitalization crime is not limited to foreigners. The crime is
committed by plenty of people who were born and (theoretically) raised here.
There's an organism in alt.autos.toyota who even made up a word to justify
his obnoxious capitalization habits. He said "It's done for
exemplification". Yeah, OK. That was just one of his multiple pathetic
explanations for his crimes.

I'm no miracle parent, but my son's 18 and his writing is a pleasure to
read. I attribute this to his mom and I looking over his schoolwork
constantly, and making little corrections here and there. If his teachers
let things slide, we pointed out excellent writing from sources whose
subject matter interested him at the time. Language is a beautiful thing.
It's nasty to let children grow up without knowing how to use it well. Don't
get me started about the road kill masquerading as a president at the
moment....

Old 26-06-2007, 11:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 6/26/07 6:37 PM, in article
, "Persephone" Persephone
wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:27:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
ups.com...
The importance of Fruit and Vegetable Juices in your Diet
Fruits and Vegetable juices can do wonder to your health,find out
here :
http://www.foodone.blogspot.com

Paying attention in English class would've done wonders for your writing
ability.

Got a chuckle out of that one. English teachers today aren't that
far ahead of their students! Don't forget, except for the most
senior ones, they grew up and were "trained" in a "scholarly" climate
where grammar and syntax, not to mention spelling and punctuation,
(yes, I know they're part of g & s) are becoming forgotten arts.

I don't know - but I am so disgusted with the "English" teachers that my son
has encountered that I seriously think about home school or at least adding
some writing to his work load (which is close to nonexistent).

Old 26-06-2007, 11:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 6/26/07 6:37 PM, in article
, "Persephone" Persephone
wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:27:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

When I was a kid, my dad used to tell me I'd end up pumping gas forever if I
didn't do well in school. I told my son he could end up like President
Nookular. That was enough. Sit down with your son in front of the computer
and browse through the Bush quotes here. Ask him if he wants to have people
laughing at him for his entire life.

http://slate.msn.com/id/76886/

(The site's been twitchy for a few days. Keep trying.)

Old 27-06-2007, 12:14 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:27:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

The heck with Bush, I just have to point to his former English teacher that
had a tongue stud and nothing she said made sense. Let alone her comment
"that I does not do"

Old 27-06-2007, 12:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:27:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

What???? Did you talk to the principal about that mutant teacher?

Old 27-06-2007, 12:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:27:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Aw, ya beat me to it! I was going to suggest slate.com part of my
regular morning reading. Jacob Weisberg, the editor, has been
collecting Bushisms back to 2005. There's even a book collection of
Bushisms. Great gift!!

Sorta cathartic when one is in a deep funk about, e.g.the crazed new
Cheney assertion that he is in the Exec branch when it serves his
interests, but not when, ditto.

Where is Pelosi? She who stated as one of her first dicta after taking
"power" that "impeachment is off the table". Talk about giving away
the ballgame!!!!!!

Where is the so-called Opposition party which is now in the (fragile)
majority. Why are they f***ing around with threats to pull funding for
the Exec branch, which everybody knows won't happen. Why don't they
just vote Articles of Impeachment for BOTH the Puppet and his
Puppet-Master. Each has committed enough "high crimes and
misdemeanours" (wording of the impeachment statute) to warrant
impeachment many times over!

Grrrr...

P.

Old 27-06-2007, 01:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:27:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Which puppet master? Cheney, or Rove?

Old 27-06-2007, 08:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 00:02:55 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
.. .
On 6/26/07 6:37 PM, in article
, "Persephone" Persephone
wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:27:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Good point. Cheney is the more "visible" one at the moment
because of his unbelievable chutzpah in gathering power to himself
via complaisant "likes to delegate" Bush.

But it's undeniable that Rove has masterminded pitiful
Bush's "career" since early days in Texas. He was quoted
way back as saying "I've been waiting for one like this
all my life."

P.
Old 27-06-2007, 11:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:27:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

He had no problem "with the personal expressions of our fine staff".

Old 27-06-2007, 02:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:27:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

WHAT??????????? He sounds like the idiots who give Bush a pass for all his
language disasters. There are people who are somehow able to justify his
saying this:

"This process has been drug out a long time, which says to me it's
political." --George W. Bush, discussing the controversy surrounding
Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez

Old 27-06-2007, 03:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:27:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Here's the best part - he was a local delegate to the NH Democratic
convention. And he let go a great teacher that happened to be an outspoken
Republican - for lacking "vision" in teaching. IE he attempted to teach the
subject (grammar and writing skills) not kowtow to local politics.