Old 04-08-2007, 10:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Riding lawn mower problem

I have a Poulan Pro riding lawn mower. It has just started having a
problem that I need help diagnosing. It is some kind of a fuel
problem and is related to the position of the mower while cutting. My
land is sloped and, when cutting the following happens.
If I am cutting across the slope and my left side is on the downhill
side of the slope, the mower gets plenty of gas and works perfectly.
If I am cutting across the slope and my right side is on the downhill
slope, it slows down and seems to lack power. It almost slows to a
stop. The fuel pump is mounted on the left side of the engine. Any
thoughts about what is going on will be appreciated. THanks
Old 04-08-2007, 11:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

Jack wrote:

I have a Poulan Pro riding lawn mower. It has just started having a
problem that I need help diagnosing. It is some kind of a fuel
problem and is related to the position of the mower while cutting. My
land is sloped and, when cutting the following happens.
If I am cutting across the slope and my left side is on the downhill
side of the slope, the mower gets plenty of gas and works perfectly.
If I am cutting across the slope and my right side is on the downhill
slope, it slows down and seems to lack power. It almost slows to a
stop. The fuel pump is mounted on the left side of the engine. Any
thoughts about what is going on will be appreciated.

How long have you been using this machine? If the problem just
started (assuming you've been mowing across that slope previously)
perhaps you have a partially clogged fuel filter. You can also have a
little water in your fuel tank, when listing to the right it may be
sucking up some water with the gas... try adding some dry gas.

Old 07-08-2007, 12:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Aug 4, 5:24 pm, Sheldon wrote:
Jack wrote:

[...]

....or, if it is a carbourated engine, the float bowl may have leaked,
letting some fluid in.

cheers

oz