Old 09-08-2007, 07:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default One more beet recipe

One bunch of small beets. Scrub well and trim the nastiest bits. (peel if
using large or older beets).

Grate beets on a fine blade on the device of your choice (I use a Mouli
grater).

Place in pan with just enough water to cover and cook until just tender.
Drain.

In large sauté pan, heat olive oil (to cover pan), garlic, rosemary and hot
pepper flakes if desire. When fragrant, add drained beets and a little white
wine if desired. Mix well and let cook about 10-15 minutes, stirring
frequently.

Serve over angel pasta and parmesan cheese to taste. You wouldn't think it
would work, but it does.

Cheryl

Old 09-08-2007, 08:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

One bunch of small beets. Scrub well and trim the nastiest bits. (peel if
using large or older beets).

Am I to understand that I needn't peel the beets if they are small (2"
or less?). So much to learn and so little time.
--
FB - FFF

Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
Old 10-08-2007, 02:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:
One bunch of small beets. Scrub well and trim the nastiest
bits. (peel if
using large or older beets).

Grate beets on a fine blade on the device of your choice
(I use a Mouli
grater).

Place in pan with just enough water to cover and cook
until just tender.
Drain.

In large sauté pan, heat olive oil (to cover pan), garlic,
rosemary and hot
pepper flakes if desire. When fragrant, add drained beets
and a little white
wine if desired. Mix well and let cook about 10-15
minutes, stirring
frequently.

Serve over angel pasta and parmesan cheese to taste. You
wouldn't think it
would work, but it does.

Sounds interesting! I steam beets with some caraway seed.
Then, after draining, toss with a bit of sour cream and
serve.

Seahag

Old 10-08-2007, 04:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 8/10/07 9:59 AM, in article mb_ui.2$2C4.0@trndny07, "Seahag"
wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:
[...]

That sound interesting. My favorite beet dish is dish of borscht, but it's a
PITA to make. I'd rather go to a good Jewish deli for it.

Cheryl

Old 10-08-2007, 07:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:
"Seahag" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:
[...]

I'll bet that does take a lot of time to make!
I'm mad for chopped chicken liver and our only Jewish deli
is soso...gonna have to wait until Fall to make it myself!

Seahag