Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Registered User

Question Lawns after Rhododendron removal

Hi,
Have just (mechanically) cleared 0.25 acres of old and impenetrable rododendron, and having removed the roots, will rotovate and overlay with 6" of soil/sand/loam mix before laying a new lawn.

However, I'm expecting some potential problems:

First, I'm aware that the rhododendron is toxic to other plants, and I'm trying to understand what may not be plantable in the reclaimed land (ie. lawn, laurel, fruit trees etc). And also what might be done to neutralise this effect.

Second, I'm aware that there is likely to be rhododendron seeds left in the ground, which will doubtless sprout. Will glyphosate neutral these, or do I require something different, and will that be fine to seed lawn in mid September.

Any help appreciated.
Kind regards,
David.

[IMG] code is On

what to do after weed removal (o) kilroy bass Lawns 2 18-10-2004 06:02 AM
Rhododendron limey Gardening 3 11-04-2003 11:08 PM
Rhododendron question Craig L. Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
Pests in Verbena and Rhododendron Peter James United Kingdom 1 30-03-2003 02:33 AM
rhododendron litangense questions from Oregon Doonemd Bonsai 0 26-03-2003 03:20 PM