Old 19-08-2007, 04:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Help with Poison Ivy

Hi

I am an author writing a book about Poison Ivy and its treatment. I
have personally suffered from it and want to put all the information
about it in one place. I am very interested in getting as many real
life experiences from you all as possible and to help do this have
created a quick online survey at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s..._2bXEeoA_3d_3d

In return for your help you will receive a copy of an e-book written
by my wife and myself called "Dangers On The Trail". This is the
result of many years experience and lots of research which lists
potential dangers, how to prepare for them and how to deal with them.

Old 19-08-2007, 07:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

I do not get poison ivy. It is a woody vine. Next time I get a chance I
will take some and place it under one of my microscopes and let you know
what I see. Vessel arrangement and such.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

ps.com...

Old 20-08-2007, 12:26 AM posted to rec.gardens

symplastless wrote:
I do not get poison ivy. It is a woody vine. Next time I get a chance I
will take some and place it under one of my microscopes and let you know
what I see. Vessel arrangement and such.

Not a good idea. Sometimes you may not be sensitive to a toxin but
exposure can cause sensitization to subsequent exposures. Just happened
to a friend of mine who is 74 years old and has pulled poison ivy
without problem until now when he had a serious problem.

Frank
Old 20-08-2007, 01:23 AM posted to rec.gardens

Frank

Thank you!

John

"Frank" frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote in message
. ..
symplastless wrote:
I do not get poison ivy. It is a woody vine. Next time I get a chance I
will take some and place it under one of my microscopes and let you know
what I see. Vessel arrangement and such.

Not a good idea. Sometimes you may not be sensitive to a toxin but
exposure can cause sensitization to subsequent exposures. Just happened
to a friend of mine who is 74 years old and has pulled poison ivy without
problem until now when he had a serious problem.

Frank

[IMG] code is On

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It -systemic killers rtih Lawns 0 17-05-2003 08:32 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Lawns 20 17-05-2003 03:20 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Gardening 21 17-05-2003 03:20 PM