Old 28-08-2007, 12:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Strange Plant with Explosive Seed Pods

Billy expounded:

(Historical note) Not the first time jangchub and FragileWarrior have
met. Last time jangchub was not so philosophical or sensitive but was
rather conceited and condescending, without apparent reason. This is at
least the third time jangchub has changed her email address and escaped
the kill files.

We don't need the historical notes (especially those of us who
actually have been here since history began on rec.gardens). People
have snits here, and everyone sooner or later can be unkind, churlish,
whatever. V has had her moments, so have I, and for that matter in
your short history here, so have you. The point is we should try to
be nice, and we shouldn't add fuel to fires, especially those we have
nothing to do with.

V is a knowledgable gardener with much information to pass along,
she's got some strong opinions that can get rather contentious, true.
I doubt she's trying in any shape or form to get around filters, life
is too short to bother with that. If you don't want to read her then
adjust your filters and get on with it.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 28-08-2007, 02:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote in news:3i68d3lr5up2ggbbigq2o7dnnia2ac75ip@
4ax.com:

Thanks for the knowledgable part,

Knowledge without graciousness is as useless as a boat without water.
Old 28-08-2007, 03:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Ann wrote:

expounded:

Thanks for the knowledgable part, and you are right about the
contentious part. Show me one person who is perfect and then I can
die happily.

Don't leave out the first paragraph, V, where I said we all have our
moments, including me.

As for others, you can't change them, only yourself. People who pick
fights on Usenet must have lots of what you call 'emptiness' in their
lives. Fragile Warrior, me, you, Billy, etc. we need to fill that
emptiness. I know, this is wreck.gardens - let's fill it with flowers
)

5,960,000 hits for emptiness

http://www.google.com/search?q=emptiness

Looks kinda full to me.

I equates emptiness to the loss of loved ones and friends and
challenging foes. Maybe to the loss of plants that we named aswell.

Billy Blake wrote no progress without contraries .

No peaches without cold weather comes to my little brain.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 29-08-2007, 03:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:10:55 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
(pomposity deleted)

Jangchub, you must know that we are all avatars of the Buddha, although
you are irritating enough to make one forget that. Let go of your ego
and seek peace, and it will come. It is your pride that blocks the way.

What was pompous about posting what Buddhism refers to when using the
term "emptiness?" I wanted to show it is not nhilism. I truly posted
it for clarification. My Lama was being interviewed by a pretty well
known American Buddhist nun, Ven.Thubten Chodron and I posted the
article.

I don't hold the title for egotism. Everyone here is imprisoned by
their ego. We wouldn't be writing on the Internet if we were
enlightened. This is samsara; I aspire to get out.

And no, I don't know "we are all avatars of the Buddha." Pride blocks
everyone, including you for your above statement. Glass houses and
all.

regards,
victoria

Found A URL over in Slashdot this am. Chinese must have made lots of
lead painted toys is all I can figure.

"China has banned Buddhist monks in Tibet from reincarnating without
government permission."

More craziness here.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20227400/site/newsweek/

Enjoy!

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 29-08-2007, 05:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote in news:j54bd391pm6k0u4176dhfgi1sf0q8ud3kt@
4ax.com:

I don't like to rant,

Too late.
Old 29-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Registered User

Location: Yorkshire

Is there a stream nearby or is the plant by a pond or simalar source of water?
Old 29-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Registered User

Cool

Sounds like something out of Zelda

Old 30-08-2007, 12:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote in news:npvbd3d7mmdmq8l14jnivv913nl50fg3e2@
4ax.com:

Nope, my parrot walked on the keyboard and sent the post before I
finished it,

BWWAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!! Blatent ****wittery noted and roundly hooted at.
Old 30-08-2007, 10:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote in news:eb9ed396ihh011bcd14c5ehos85de41e3c@
4ax.com:

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:23:46 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

wrote in
m:

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:23:40 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

wrote in
newsjccd35hn3u21vas5k3ri03lbh15e50lcj@ 4ax.com:

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 23:53:02 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

wrote in
news:npvbd3d7mmdmq8l14jnivv913nl50fg3e2@ 4ax.com:

Nope, my parrot walked on the keyboard and sent the post before I
finished it,

BWWAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!! Blatent ****wittery noted and roundly hooted
at.

"...thus..."

More parrot keyboard Tango?

You left that out to feel better about yourself. Are you
an Internet bully? Big, bad Internet bully? Toottoot. My parrot
says, "gimme kiss."

You're quite insane, you know. Nice of you to put it in permanent
storage for all to see.

Do you think you are finally finished trying to convince yourself
that I'm dumb and you are smart? Okay, you're smart. I'm dumb.
Can we stop your idiocy now?

"You're smart. I'm dumb. You're an idiot." You just can't help
yourself, can you?

P.S. Thanks for playing. AGAIN.

Who is this "us" you talk about?

You saw the word "us" in my post? Adjust your meds, dimshit, before

you
strangle and stew your parrot.

I have news honey, nobody else is
reading this dumb thread so don't flatter yourself. This is boring
now. See ya.

I win. smirk

TFPA

OY. Yes, I said that a few posts ago. You win. Feel better? Go
milk your draft horse.

YOU DID IT! You earned me a fast $5. Wanna go double or nuthin'?

Really, you should seek help.