Old 17-09-2007, 04:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Training a bush/plant to stand up straight

The lavender plants in my garden are slouching, it looks like they were
growing in an elbow pipe or something. Normally I wouldn't care all that
much, aesthetically they look horrible but they're also forming this awning
over plants that are adjacent to them blocking out sun. It occurred to me
that I might as well put them in chicken wire or something, but I guess my
main question is will that even do anything? I've seen plants rip out wire
fencing as they grow just from sheer mass and volume. Aesthetically having
the plants in restraining collars is almost as worse as having them slouch
over.

This particular location only sees sun from one general direction, which I
presume accounts for the growth. At this stage I'm looking for options for
next year - what can I do to naturally encourage them to stand up straight,
or will I be forced to crack out the chicken wire and straightjackets?

Old 18-09-2007, 10:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Is this their first year in that location?

[IMG] code is On

Plant stand help Ang United Kingdom 2 12-03-2005 04:15 PM
indoor plant for stand Dave Smith Gardening 9 28-02-2005 01:36 PM
Plant trees/stand? Raymond G. Waldo Gardening 2 20-06-2004 03:03 AM
How to prepare a 'plant stand' for outdoor life Tracey Gardening 2 17-04-2003 08:56 PM
Which plant can stand aphid and can grow on a balcony? Victoria Clare United Kingdom 4 22-10-2002 04:15 PM