Old 26-10-2007, 01:48 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default question for winter/baby indoor plants

I have germinated several Catalpa tree seeds, and am also germinating
Moscheutos Hibiscus and a Paulownia (I know) tree. We are in the country
and have a very large lot in back, maybe an acre, where I want these trees.
We have a sunroom on the south side. Am I right that these baby plants and
my other house plants will be OK in this room unless it gets below 40F?
Thanks, Jackie

Old 26-10-2007, 04:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

"J. Davidson" wrote in message
news
I have germinated several Catalpa tree seeds, and am also germinating
Moscheutos Hibiscus and a Paulownia (I know) tree. We are in the country
and have a very large lot in back, maybe an acre, where I want these
trees.
We have a sunroom on the south side. Am I right that these baby plants
and
my other house plants will be OK in this room unless it gets below 40F?
Thanks, Jackie

They may get ugly & weird looking, but they should be fine, and they'll
recover in the spring.

Old 30-10-2007, 11:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

I do not have the answer to your question. However, your interest in the
care of trees is awesome. I would like to take this time to share some
links with you.

The main top quality source of information is
www.shigoandtrees.com

No one else on these news groups ever recommend the latter. Why? I do not
know.
Paulownia trees grow in South Eastern USA. It gets pretty cold here. So
does Catalpa. However you might have a problem with Hibiscus with lower
temps.. Hibiscus is common in middle Florida.

1. Techno Tree Biology Dictionary
http://www.treedictionary.com (look up logging)

2. Articles written by DR. ALEX L. SHIGO, one of the foremost authorities
worldwide on tree systems today online at
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/index.html

3. Literature Available by Dr. Shigo is he
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/treeinfo.html

4. Hard to get Documents
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...get/index.html

5. Tree Pruning
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning

If you have any suggestions or other links to review please let me know.
610-864-5251

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Arborist
http://mercury.ccil.org/~treeman/
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
that we are not the boss.

"J. Davidson" wrote in message
news
I have germinated several Catalpa tree seeds, and am also germinating
Moscheutos Hibiscus and a Paulownia (I know) tree. We are in the country
and have a very large lot in back, maybe an acre, where I want these
trees.
We have a sunroom on the south side. Am I right that these baby plants
and
my other house plants will be OK in this room unless it gets below 40F?
Thanks, Jackie

[IMG] code is On

Moving tropical plants indoor preparation as winter time on the way. [email protected] Gardening 10 04-10-2006 03:13 PM
Moving tropical plants indoor in preparation for winter [email protected] Gardening 1 29-09-2006 02:46 PM
winter/perennials as indoor plants Pat Lawns 0 03-06-2006 10:00 PM
2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
[IBC] Winter protection for "baby" trees Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL Bonsai 9 30-09-2003 02:38 AM