Old 25-11-2007, 02:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default new gardening site

let your kids enjoy and appreciate gardening.. visit us at www.gardening.xtz.cc.

J Blint
TANA Enterprises eMarketing
http://www.gardening.xtz.cc
Old 25-11-2007, 08:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

MrWeb wrote:

let your kids enjoy and appreciate gardening.. visit us at www.gardening.xtz.cc.

J Blint
TANA Enterprises eMarketing
http://www.gardening.xtz.cc

ANY site (like his) that has ads for outfits like Spring Hill are a
"must avoid" in my book.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Old 25-11-2007, 11:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

Jangchub wrote:

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:54:54 -0500, Bill R
wrote:

MrWeb wrote:

let your kids enjoy and appreciate gardening.. visit us at www.gardening.xtz.cc.

J Blint
TANA Enterprises eMarketing
http://www.gardening.xtz.cc

ANY site (like his) that has ads for outfits like Spring Hill are a
"must avoid" in my book.

Have you personally ever ordered from Spring Hill?

Yes I have, several times and several years ago. I was VERY
disappointed in the quality of the plants received. And if you think
that I'm the only one that doesn't like Spring Hill (and all the other
companies owned by the same company) I suggest that you do a search on
the net. LOTS of complaints about them.

Old 26-11-2007, 03:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

MrWeb wrote:

let your kids enjoy and appreciate gardening.. visit us at
www.gardening.xtz.cc.

J Blint
TANA Enterprises eMarketing
http://www.gardening.xtz.cc

ANY site (like his) that has ads for outfits like Spring Hill are a
"must avoid" in my book.

Have you personally ever ordered from Spring Hill?

Yes I have, several times and several years ago. I was VERY
disappointed in the quality of the plants received. And if you think
that I'm the only one that doesn't like Spring Hill (and all the other
companies owned by the same company) I suggest that you do a search on
the net. LOTS of complaints about them.

Regardless, advertising is not a one on one deal anymore.. Advertising
is commonly done on large networks, such as the example site which uses
the Google AdWords network. People don't directly choose who is
advertised on their site.

At any rate though considering the vague content of the site as to the
content of the OPs post about kids and gardening, chocks this up as
worthless spam.

I'd have at least expected to see things about kids and gardening on a
site which was stated in a thread about kids and gardening.

So... If you want to spit on the site, do it because it's spam and not
the contextual advertising contained within.
Old 26-11-2007, 03:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

Scott Hildenbrand wrote:

wrote:

MrWeb wrote:

[...]

Whoops... Never mind.. That'd be a Commission Junction ad banner, which
is hand chosen by the webmaster.. Proceed your originally chosen
stomping.. But add spam to the list of stomp reasons..

Old 26-11-2007, 05:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

g'day scott & others,

i couldn't realy see much to show and encourage anyone especially
children, have a look at our site tell us what you reckon?

we reckon that there are not only ideas there for all including
children but pictures and story on how to do it.

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
Old 27-11-2007, 01:29 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
len garden wrote:

we reckon that there are not only ideas there for all including
children but pictures and story on how to do it.

I would think that "all" would include children. Looking at your site, I
don't see anything particularly for kids. Perhaps you could direct me to
the children's content.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

Old 27-11-2007, 05:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

Billy wrote:
In article ,
len garden wrote:

we reckon that there are not only ideas there for all including
children but pictures and story on how to do it.

I would think that "all" would include children. Looking at your site, I
don't see anything particularly for kids. Perhaps you could direct me to
the children's content.

I'll agree.. Nothing kids directed here either.. Know, I dislike people
who banter their own stuff but more so when it's done in a misdirecting
manner.

Here are some good kids gardening sites for anyone interested in which,
what a novel idea, have information about kids and gardening in them.

http://www.kidsgardening.com/

http://www.cln.org/themes/gardening.html

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/c...mith/kids.html

http://mastergardenproducts.com/kidsgarden/

And lets not forget..

http://www.4husa.org/

All your base are belong to us.
Old 28-11-2007, 02:11 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Scott Hildenbrand wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
len garden wrote:

[...]

Thanks Scott, I didn't know that I was looking for these sites until you
posted them. They all appear to be good sites for motivating kids to
garden, rather than taking the spectator approach and just watching.

When I finish my harvest gig as a winery lab monkey, I return to
substitute teaching and the chance to affect students and their
teachers. You would be amazed at the scant time dedicated teachers have
for research after their work day plus administration meetings are over.
It might even be tougher now that "No Child Left Behind" is intent on
drill and kill. Boring rote memorization followed by interest killing
tests.

I went to high school in '57, the year Sputnik went up. The government
suddenly knew how to improve education: $pend.

--
Bush Behind Bars

Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
Old 28-11-2007, 05:34 AM posted to rec.gardens

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Scott Hildenbrand wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
len garden wrote:

[...]

I'm glad my rant post with useful information attached, unlike the
originals, was indeed of some use. I just didn't want people stumbling
onto the thread and being mislead into going to worthless sites so I
chose some of the better resources.

When I finish my harvest gig as a winery lab monkey, I return to
substitute teaching and the chance to affect students and their
teachers. You would be amazed at the scant time dedicated teachers have
for research after their work day plus administration meetings are over.

Not really.. Wife's a teacher, middle school special ed.. She works
quite a bit at home while I'm working on sites(I'm a web monkey).

Fully understand how hard it can be to get in research time..

It might even be tougher now that "No Child Left Behind" is intent on
drill and kill. Boring rote memorization followed by interest killing
tests.

I'll keep my NCLB opinions out of the mix.. Main thing though is states
are still allowed to run their educational program as they see fit with
no real government mandates.

The US is lacking in education.. Personally I like Europe's way of
thinking. They take an aptitude test to see what the child is good at.
Once the area is found the schooling is shifted into that direction, so
if they're good at engineering the schooling is keyed to make them
succeed at that.

US on the other hand.. Well.. Darn if that doesn't stomp on some freedom
somewhere. So the whole education system is equalized to make sure
everyone gets their fair share of education in all subjects, even if
it's worthless to the child and will have no affect in bettering them or
their future.

Oh well.. Just my two cents.

I went to high school in '57, the year Sputnik went up. The government
suddenly knew how to improve education: $pend.

Got out in 94, so I'm on a more modern view of how it is.. They know
what to do, they just can't do it and no state wants to be mandated to
any new government testing guidelines that dictate what states need to do.

Old 28-11-2007, 06:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Scott Hildenbrand wrote:

The US is lacking in education.. Personally I like Europe's way of
thinking. They take an aptitude test to see what the child is good at.
Once the area is found the schooling is shifted into that direction, so
if they're good at engineering the schooling is keyed to make them
succeed at that.

Eh, glad to meet you Scott, but my take on US vs. European education is
just the opposite. In Europe, at least the parts I'm familiar with,
France and Germany, students take an exam at the age of 12 yr. old to
determine whether they will be going to university or technical
training. I don't like the stress that puts on people still in the
maturation process. Some kids can't read until they are seven because
their eye muscles are slow in developing, but they do develop. Hopefully
not after a traumatic encounter with the educational system. In Europe,
France at least, once you are admitted to a university (and you will
have the equivalent of an A.A. degree) you can kick back and float the
rest of the way, whereas here (we start at a deficit) you have to work
your heinie off to survive. My point is, let kids be kids. Let them
think that they can succeed. Then, when they are mature, they can
encounter university and say,"Boy, this is tough but I did it before,
and therefore, I can do it again". Not wanting to go chauvinistic but I
want to point out that American scientists seem to out produce everyone
else in Nobel Prizes.

Please don't bring up the fact that Henery Kissenger won a Nobel Peace
Prize, it would just cheapen the prestige.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth.

Thanks again for the web sites.
--

Billy