Old 29-11-2007, 04:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Darn Squirrels

They're lucky they're cute.. Darn squirrels, just found they been
munching on my new riding mower seat.. Luckily it's the molded foam kind
so beyond making it look bad it's an easy fix with a light coat of silicon.

Darn things, took chunks out.. *mutters*

hurmpf!
Old 29-11-2007, 02:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
They're lucky they're cute.. Darn squirrels, just found they been
munching on my new riding mower seat.. Luckily it's the molded foam kind
so beyond making it look bad it's an easy fix with a light coat of silicon.

Darn things, took chunks out.. *mutters*

hurmpf!

You won't think they are so cute when they go after the mower's wiring

Frank
Old 29-11-2007, 04:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

Frank wrote:
Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
They're lucky they're cute.. Darn squirrels, just found they been
munching on my new riding mower seat.. Luckily it's the molded foam
kind so beyond making it look bad it's an easy fix with a light coat
of silicon.

Darn things, took chunks out.. *mutters*

hurmpf!

You won't think they are so cute when they go after the mower's wiring

Frank

LOL.. I hadn't thought of that..
Old 29-11-2007, 04:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

Jangchub wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:30:35 -0600, Scott Hildenbrand
wrote:

They're lucky they're cute.. Darn squirrels, just found they been
munching on my new riding mower seat.. Luckily it's the molded foam kind
so beyond making it look bad it's an easy fix with a light coat of silicon.

Darn things, took chunks out.. *mutters*

hurmpf!

They are gathering nesting material so if you provide them with it
they will usually leave things alone. I put out cotton batting,
Spanish moss, shredded sheets I no longer use, and all I have to do is
look up and I see their nests full of it.

That's a good idea.. I'll see what I can dig up for them..
Old 29-11-2007, 05:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

Jangchub wrote:

They are gathering nesting material so if you provide them with it
they will usually leave things alone. I put out cotton batting,
Spanish moss, shredded sheets I no longer use, and all I have to do
is
look up and I see their nests full of it.

What a great idea!! Gives me a clearer target!!
Tom J

Old 29-11-2007, 05:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

Jangchub wrote:

wrote:

They're lucky they're cute.. Darn squirrels, just found they been
munching on my new riding mower seat.. Luckily it's the molded foam kind
so beyond making it look bad it's an easy fix with a light coat of silicon.

Darn things, took chunks out.. *mutters*

hurmpf!
They are gathering nesting material so if you provide them with it
they will usually leave things alone. I put out cotton batting,
Spanish moss, shredded sheets I no longer use, and all I have to do is
look up and I see their nests full of it.

That's a good idea.. I'll see what I can dig up for them..

One year the squirrels tore apart the cushion on my swing thing and it
was so funny to watch her do it! I never replaced the cushion yet, so
I leave it out for her to tear up every winter!

To my knowledge, squirrels don't tear up wire, raccoons do, but there
is always a first. I also buy pipe insulation tubes for the squirrels
and they love to put those up in the trees in hunks.

http://squirrelsatemywiring.com/
Old 29-11-2007, 08:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
.. .
They're lucky they're cute.. Darn squirrels, just found they been munching
on my new riding mower seat.. Luckily it's the molded foam kind so beyond
making it look bad it's an easy fix with a light coat of silicon.

Darn things, took chunks out.. *mutters*

hurmpf!

Umm....the squirrels got into your garage? Or, do you keep this mower
outdoors?

Old 29-11-2007, 08:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Jangchub" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Oh, on the Internet, it must be true. I didn't say never, I said
there is always a first. I stick by my statement; squirrels don't
tear up wire, raccoons do, but there is always a first. I didn't say
never.

Our power company spends lots of time repairing chewed wire. I know raccoons
can climb easily, but I've never seen one AROUND HERE perched on wires.

Old 29-11-2007, 09:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

Put some real hot dust around the mower. They don't like that.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 29-11-2007, 09:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

Pepper dust that is.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 29-11-2007, 09:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

we left the new "yellow pages" out and the squirrels started gathering that too... as
long as they stay out of our house, out of my flower beds, leave my fruit alone. but
they wont I am sure. Ingrid

Old 30-11-2007, 03:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
They're lucky they're cute.. Darn squirrels, just found they been
munching on my new riding mower seat.. Luckily it's the molded foam kind
so beyond making it look bad it's an easy fix with a light coat of silicon.

Darn things, took chunks out.. *mutters*

hurmpf!

Righteous indignation? I've had my share of squirrel probs, but never
thought to put things out for them at nesting time. I will make sure
they are eco-friendly, biodegradable, and neutral in tone.

Couple years back, there was a shocking pink polyester nightie in the
garage. Two windows were out as well as the door, door and one window
now replaced, one to go.

Anyway, there was that pink nightie out by the lilac bush. I look out
the window, "what the?"

So I went out and put it where the squirrels couldn't get it, in the trash.

Don't ask why the nightie was in the garage. It was my daughter's, I
think. I do not want to know.

Presume it was a squirrel. Now you have me upset to think if the
critter had been successful, I'd have to put up with that shocking pink
blob up in one of my trees, and it would bug me no end!

Old 30-11-2007, 06:17 AM posted to rec.gardens

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
.. .
They're lucky they're cute.. Darn squirrels, just found they been munching
on my new riding mower seat.. Luckily it's the molded foam kind so beyond
making it look bad it's an easy fix with a light coat of silicon.

Darn things, took chunks out.. *mutters*

hurmpf!

Umm....the squirrels got into your garage? Or, do you keep this mower
outdoors?

Outdoors for now till I get the garden shed built.. Garage is a workshop
more than a place to park anything, no room by design.. House egressed
into it.
Old 30-11-2007, 06:21 AM posted to rec.gardens

Hettie® wrote:

Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
They're lucky they're cute.. Darn squirrels, just found they been
munching on my new riding mower seat.. Luckily it's the molded foam
kind so beyond making it look bad it's an easy fix with a light coat
of silicon.

Darn things, took chunks out.. *mutters*

hurmpf!

Righteous indignation? I've had my share of squirrel probs, but never
thought to put things out for them at nesting time. I will make sure
they are eco-friendly, biodegradable, and neutral in tone.

Oh come now.. You know they'd be the envy of their tree if they had a
nice floral nest, or perhaps a nice bright red.

Couple years back, there was a shocking pink polyester nightie in the
garage. Two windows were out as well as the door, door and one window
now replaced, one to go.

Anyway, there was that pink nightie out by the lilac bush. I look out
the window, "what the?"

So I went out and put it where the squirrels couldn't get it, in the trash.

See, now you just ruined their decorating plans. They'll have to go
neutral now.. Oh well, helps nest resale.

Don't ask why the nightie was in the garage. It was my daughter's, I
think. I do not want to know.

LOL.. I'll refrain from asking.

Presume it was a squirrel. Now you have me upset to think if the
critter had been successful, I'd have to put up with that shocking pink
blob up in one of my trees, and it would bug me no end!

Well, could always be worse. Could be in the tree and have sequins.
Old 30-11-2007, 08:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
.. .
They're lucky they're cute.. Darn squirrels, just found they been
munching on my new riding mower seat.. Luckily it's the molded foam kind
so beyond making it look bad it's an easy fix with a light coat of
silicon.

Darn things, took chunks out.. *mutters*

hurmpf!

Umm....the squirrels got into your garage? Or, do you keep this mower
outdoors?

Outdoors for now till I get the garden shed built.. Garage is a workshop
more than a place to park anything, no room by design.. House egressed
into it.

Oh...OK. Then, you explicitly requested the described result.