Old 10-12-2007, 03:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default home wreckers

I was just watching a show on MSNBC about contractors who do not belong
offering services. What about these contractors who know nothing about
trees, never dissected trees, piling mulch on the trunks of trees,
improperly planting trees, improperly pruning trees going to be stopped? I
just passed Raymore and Flannigan store and all the trees were mutilated.
How do people who know absolutely nothing about trees get away with
committing these crimes to trees and people who pay them for the treatments?
Same with forestry, our own federal government is doing it on federal land.
People, congressmen who know nothing about trees and their associates making
decisions on the way National Forest are managed. If you are going to
reveal home wreckers what about people that hurt trees for a living?

Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html
and
Look up "Tree Planting" http://www.treedictionary.com

Improper Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html
and
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/ Look up "Mulch"

Improper Pruning
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning

Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html

Tree Farming and Related Problems
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:25 AM posted to rec.gardens

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Where did you get your botany or forestry degree from?

Old 10-12-2007, 05:33 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"symplastless" wrote:

I was just watching a show on MSNBC about contractors who do not belong
offering services.

John, I presume that your outrage is genuine but you can be oppressive
in your presence. Some might think that you were just trolling for
customers. Wait for an impelling reason to post is my advice. At least
you are always on topic, which is more than I can say for myself and
others. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't try too hard:-)
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

Old 10-12-2007, 09:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

If I were in need of services you offer or products you sell, or a friend
asked me about your reliability, I would say that all I iknow for sure is
yr a continuous spammer in newsgroups, and I would recommend against
trusting such an outfit, as anyone who keeps making up advice no one
actually needed exclusively as an excuse to post spam for his services
websites and products would probably be sneaky about everything else to do
with business too.

If you put your constant self-promotion in a signature file and stopped
drawing big arrows to it, your commentaries might not look so exclusively
like crooked spam-scams & might be taken as sincere whether or not
misguided & inexpert.

It's only a secondary problem that the website you keep spamming people to
visit is so gosh darn ugly-ass ultra-amateur. Get one of the kids to
redesign it for you so you don't look like someone who probably couldn't
plant two trees side by side without making them look misplaced and stupid
just like the web design.

Also, get rid of such juvenile nonsense as that page "What to ask an
arborist." This comes off as some sort of game to hoodwink teenagers, &
they've got their dad's lawnmowers so won't be hiring you. The real
questions to ask someone claiming to be a "tree biologist" or even an
"arborist" is 1) Where did you serve your experimental garden internship;
2) what degree(s) from where; 3) are you licensed and bonded. Only a dork
would tell someone they need to ask the arborist "why is a tree a battery"
& it would take a medium-functioning Downs syndrome adult to take that
advice.

It is vaguely possible you actually have an education in the areas you
claim & the reason you seem like a fraud is because you communicate your
expertise so badly -- failing, for instance, to indicate any credentials.
You come off as a guy who read one book because you had a several copies
to sell, attended four workshops one about trees and three about promoting
a seedy internet business, got a few jobs mowing lawns & called that being
a tree biologist, all on the basis of piffle & booze.

Honest to god that how you come off, & after looking around your
ridiculous website I'd have to physically SEE your wacky-sounding "tree
biology" degree in order to fully assess your mastery of photoshop.

-paghat the ratgirl

In article , "symplastless"
wrote:

[...]

visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com.html
visit my film reviews webiste:
http://www.weirdwildrealm.com
Old 10-12-2007, 01:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

paghat wrote:
[...]

From his address, he is close enough to me to employ. Thanks to his
posts, I know he is a tree man I would avoid. The guy I usually use is
far too busy to waste his time spamming.

Frank

Old 10-12-2007, 11:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"symplastless" wrote in message
Where did you get your botany or forestry degree from?

That's a good question for Rick Santorum. Opps thats right, he got removed.
Oh well!

Never in the history of humankind have so many people talked and written so
much about what they know so little about- the environment.

The only way to understand internal defects is to dissect trees and to touch
all parts. People who have not done this should not talk about trees.

Too many people talk too much about what they have not touched.

People who have never dissected trees should not be allowed to talk about
trees.

People who haven't dug out tree roots or dissected trees should not be
allowed to talk about trees.

How many forestry schools actually teach about tree biology?

The Mississippi Valley Laboratory in St. Louis was established in 1899. Dr.
Herman von Schrenk was the director. Studies on wood decay and discoloration
were done mostly. In time, the studies drifted toward wood products. In 1907
the lab was discontinued and the Forest Products Laboratory at Madison,
Wisconsin took over. The major focus of the lab was on wood products decay.
Tree biology never had a chance.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"symplastless" wrote in message
Where did you get your botany or forestry degree from?

That's a good question for Rick Santorum. Opps thats right, he got
removed. Oh well!

So, you are self taught. I see. No degree. Nothing wrong with that
necessarily. Just checking.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"symplastless" wrote:

The problems are the same if I am here or there.

Yup, no matter where you go, there you a-)

Reminds me. What ever happened to Lum an' Abner? I used to love that
show. You could fall asleep for ten minutes and not miss a thing.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

Old 11-12-2007, 03:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"symplastless" wrote in message
Where did you get your botany or forestry degree from?

That's a good question for Rick Santorum. Opps thats right, he got
removed. Oh well!

Never in the history of humankind have so many people talked and written
so much about what they know so little about- the environment.

Very good self description of you, dead wood.

Beware a so called tree biologist/consulting arborist that has never studied
biology.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

Beware of so called foresters who do not understand the ecological stages of
trees with respect to the chemistry between them and their
associates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-12-2007, 06:11 AM posted to rec.gardens

In my reality here, I tried mutilating Juniper ashe (blueberry version)
trees. I cut some real ugly. Sheered the bark off in many cases. Piles of
needles all over the trunk. My only purpose was to clear the tree branches
for ease of riding lawnmower use. In other cases, I wanted to keep the
tree, but allow more sun for the live oaks. So, I chainsawed all the
branches to well over over my head height. Major butchery, mind you.

Tell use where you live. I would like to hold a tree-planting party at your
place. We can plant sweet amber saplings all over your property. Then, in
a decade or 2, we can have a reunion. And see the foundation of your house
in ruin.

Quack, quack.
--
Dave
[...]

Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding
us that we are not the boss.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:14 AM posted to rec.gardens

[...]

And the answer to the degree question is? I don't have one, eh?
Dave

Old 12-12-2007, 11:34 AM posted to rec.gardens

I have a background in the studies of tree biology. My professor was one of
the for most authorities world wide. I also taught tree biology from time
to time.
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/T/teaching.html

I am a self taught tree biologist. My resume is he
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/educat.html

A common question to ask people to establish understandings is.
1. How does bark form?
2. Tell me at least 5 major anatomy differences between a woody root and a
woody stem. You would be surprised how many so called tree experts that
cannot answer those questions.
I have other questions here with the page number the answers can be fiound.
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/quiz.html

http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/quiz-ma100.html

If you Dioclese can not afford a book, I will donate one to you. I.e.,
Tree Basics. I have donated thousands of these book to libraries, churches,
schools etc. So I am not just in this for the money.
I myself am keeping my messages simple and I keep repeating them. Most tree
problems in urban areas are the following. I will be here posting while
most critics will have moved on. I am here to help people. I make 0 money
from my posting. The problems are so common that its a sin.

Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.

I wrote a dictionary he www.treedictionary.com
I am not on this news group often because I am updating the info in the
dict. I have much information to add to the dictionary. Also, me posting
about tree problems in a garden news group is not spam. I have a pretty
good understanding of tree biology. If you need more techno info than I
have I have sources in the USFS I would send you to. Most of the time this
is not the case.

The things I like is seeing a tree have a major wound, ants come in at
respect boundaries, than a pileated wood pecker makes cavities and then
flying squirrels move in. We can see this in our time.
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...-cavities.html
There are similar activities that take many life time to complete in a
natural forest. These are the ones that concern me. Short sited thinking
is too common in forestry practices. Got to go!

Most critics will be gone and I will still be here with the same simple
advice to help people with their trees.

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20..._planting.html

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/mulch.html