Old 22-12-2007, 05:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Default Happy Solstice

Happy Solstice :-)
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
http://www.gallup.com/poll/102577/Half-Strongly-
Disapprove-Bush-Job-Performance.aspx

Old 22-12-2007, 05:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Billy wrote:
Happy Solstice :-)

Short day means long night - for drinking
Old 22-12-2007, 06:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

Happy Solstice :-)

Merry Yule... :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein
Old 22-12-2007, 06:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

In article ,
Frank frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:

Billy wrote:
Happy Solstice :-)

Short day means long night - for drinking

It _is_ Saturday! g

Old 22-12-2007, 07:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

On 12/22/07 12:52 PM, in article

Billy wrote:
Happy Solstice :-)

Short day means long night - for drinking

Don't mention drinking - not after that last bottle we opened last night -
after three excellent merlots, the fourth was a dog and I have a tight head
now...

Old 22-12-2007, 08:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Billy wrote:
Happy Solstice :-)

Short day means long night - for drinking

I'm as transparent as that, am I? Humph;-)

Old 23-12-2007, 01:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 12/22/07 2:39 PM, in article
, "Omelet"
wrote:

Billy wrote:
Happy Solstice :-)

Short day means long night - for drinking

Don't mention drinking - not after that last bottle we opened last night -
after three excellent merlots, the fourth was a dog and I have a tight head
now...

Vitamin B-12.
And Milk Thistle. ;-)

Lots of juice and herb tea.

Should get some B Complex, supposedly it will help my insomnia.

But milk thistle - that grows here...

It also comes in Extract capsules at both health food stores and in the
herbal section at Wal-mart. It has numerous health benefits, no side
effects, and is especially beneficial in protecting the liver from
alcohol abuse in many people. It's not 100%, but actual research on it
has shown it to be promising.

I know it works for me. ;-)

It's also helped me with insomnia and, most surprising, my chronic
issues with heartburn.

I DO want to grow it but have not seen any around for awhile. I need to
order some seeds. Supposed to make an excellent salad green and the
entire plant is edible. I'd like to try the young blooms. They are
supposed to taste a lot like artichoke if picked at the right stage and
steamed.

Considering Artichokes are naught but a giant thistle, it makes sense.
:-)

Old 23-12-2007, 03:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 12/22/07 3:35 PM, in article
, "Billy"
wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

-
after three excellent merlots, the fourth was a dog and I have a tight
head
now...

Fortunately, I never drink too much. I pass out first.

Vitamin B-12.
And Milk Thistle. ;-)

Not that I would know but you might try niacin. It maintain the levels
of alcohol dehydrogenase, the first step in detoxifying, uh, so I've
been told;-)

I assumed you never entered de-tox.

I rarely have more than a glass or two of anything. And that last bottle
didn't seem to be the quality of the first two. That's my position and I'm
sticking to it...

That is why you start with the best wine first. With any luck , you
won't notice any defects in the last wine:-)
Conversely, you may not appreciate the good qualities of the good wine,
if it is served last.

Today - just good healthy food and drink.

Old 23-12-2007, 04:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

Billy wrote:
Happy Solstice :-)

Short day means long night - for drinking

Don't mention drinking - not after that last bottle we opened last
night
-
after three excellent merlots, the fourth was a dog and I have a tight
head
now...

Fortunately, I never drink too much. I pass out first.

Vitamin B-12.
And Milk Thistle. ;-)

Not that I would know but you might try niacin. It maintain the levels
of alcohol dehydrogenase, the first step in detoxifying, uh, so I've
been told;-)

Niacin... shudders

Do some googling for studies on Milk Thistle.
It's better and it's not just anecdotal.

Calm sweet lady, it is more than antidotal.

http://cms.skidmore.edu/health/educa...alcohol-and-nu
trition.cfm

First, we are having some fun here and perhaps exaggerating a bit.

Ethanol is great fun for some of us, and a catastrophe for others. Some
of us rejoice in it, at the peril of others. I work in wineries.
Needless to say, there are no alcoholics. I don't say that derisively,
if you have that weakness, you can't function in a winery. I don't wish
to exalt ethanol. All I can say is that it is fun for ME. Hell, your the
one who doesn't want to be PC. That's all:-)

I tried to grow some milk thistle this year but it fell victim to the
"hounds from hell". We have a long front fence and the unfortunate plant
laid along the shortest trajectory from one end of the fence to the
other. Trample, trample, trample.

What was it that Hunter Thompson said, "Some people think of their
bodies as temples. I think of mine as an amusement park."

Laisse le bon temps roulé.

Happy solstice :-)

Old 23-12-2007, 11:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

On 12/22/07 10:50 PM, in article
, "Billy"
wrote:

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 12/22/07 3:35 PM, in article
, "Billy"
wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

Billy wrote:
[...]

Actually, it went good bottle (a split), decent bottle, really good bottle
(just by accident) and then that not so good one...

[IMG] code is On

happy, happy, happy David Hare-Scott[_2_] Australia 1 12-01-2010 06:32 AM
Happy Solstice Billy[_4_] Edible Gardening 33 27-12-2007 07:20 PM
Happy Solstice Pat Brennan Orchids 10 21-12-2004 11:58 PM
Happy Solstice madgardener Gardening 8 24-12-2003 02:14 PM
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday... Reka Orchids 4 05-04-2003 11:32 PM