Old 21-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Suja

Default Substitute plants

Munchkins was out of the plants that I had originally ordered for a
shady bed in my garden. Gene offered to replace my Dicentra 'Snowdrift'
with Dicentra 'Aurora' and Cimicifuga racemosa with Cimicifuga
americana. After doing a little bit of research, I decided that the
differences were not substantial enough for me to get too worried about.
Those of you who may have grown these plants, how do you think the
substitutes compare with the original plants? I do know that
C.americana is shorter than C.racemosa, but exactly how much shorter is
it? If it is over 3' tall, no problem. Shorter, and I'll rearrange my
planting scheme a bit.

Suja

[IMG] code is On

Substitute for grass - Zone 3a Some One Gardening 3 15-07-2003 10:25 PM
Mulch Substitute Ablang Gardening 6 17-04-2003 06:32 PM
[IBC] Raffia Or Substitute Jim S Bonsai 6 03-04-2003 10:56 PM
Substitute for Columnar Buckthorn in Zone 4a? Bert Hyman Gardening 0 31-03-2003 10:44 PM
UV sterilizers: substitute for initial quarantine? LeighMo Freshwater Aquaria Plants 9 16-02-2003 03:34 PM