Old 22-04-2003, 02:20 AM
jhultman

Default Lawnmowers

I've a small patch o lawn too that I've opted for a push mower.

One thing someone suggested while I was mulling getting a used mower
was the possible introduction of weed seeds and disease from another
lawn. Having your own electric or gas for a gardener to use would
keep any problems his other clients may have in their lawn from
being dropped on yours.

Suggest a power wash on a used mower and maybe some light bleach and
water to disinfect, like one would use on some pruning tools.

2 cents.

Jeff

"news.verizon.net" wrote:

GRRR....I would like to have mowed the grass today (our "yard" is so small
that I could probably do it with scissors) but I can't because I can't pull
the cord hard enough to start the *(^% thing. Why are they so difficult to
start? A friend is giving me her Mother's old push mower which should
alleviate the problem!

Old 22-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Shepherd

"news.verizon.net" wrote in message
GRRR....I would like to have mowed the grass today (our "yard" is so small
that I could probably do it with scissors) but I can't because I can't

pull
the cord hard enough to start the *(^% thing. Why are they so difficult

start? A friend is giving me her Mother's old push mower which should
alleviate the problem!

There are many youngsters in my area that would be happy to mow lawns for a
few dollars. Maybe you can find one, with his own mower, that would cut
yours for a few dollars a month.

Shepherd

Old 22-04-2003, 04:08 AM
animaux

Just make sure the blades are knife sharp or you will be wishing you had that
pull cord mower back. The next mower we buy will be an electric rechargeable.
Maybe one day they will make a solar mower. By then I hope to have a mostly
solar and wind energized home.

My point is, if you have to mow more than half inch with a push mower, you will
die of heat stroke! You may have to mow twice a week.

Victoria

Old 22-04-2003, 07:08 AM
FOW

Buy a Honda mower. They have a bulb that you push in 4-5 times to prime
them. They start first pull, everytime.

Old 22-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Bill R

animaux wrote:
The next mower we buy will be an electric rechargeable.

I have had one for 5 years and it has been great. Very low
maintenance (cleanup only), quiet, not one problem with it. I
highly recommend them.
--
Bill R.

Remove No-Junk-Mail- in e-mail address to reply by e-mail

Old 22-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

animaux wrote:

Just make sure the blades are knife sharp or you will be wishing you had that
pull cord mower back. The next mower we buy will be an electric rechargeable.
Maybe one day they will make a solar mower. By then I hope to have a mostly
solar and wind energized home.

My point is, if you have to mow more than half inch with a push mower, you will
die of heat stroke! You may have to mow twice a week.

Anyone have any experience with the new robot mowers?
Old 22-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

news.verizon.net wrote:

GRRR....I would like to have mowed the grass today (our "yard" is so small
that I could probably do it with scissors) but I can't because I can't pull
the cord hard enough to start the *(^% thing. Why are they so difficult to
start? A friend is giving me her Mother's old push mower which should
alleviate the problem!

Needs a pre-season tuneup? Make sure the filters and plug are clean.
Add fresh gas and oil. Blast a little WD-40 into the throttle cable
housing.
Old 22-04-2003, 07:44 PM
-olive

Have had a toro rechargeable for two years. worth every cent. always
starts. reasonably quiet. maintenance free.

oh, yeh, it's not too hard on the environment either.

highly recommended.

Old 23-04-2003, 12:32 AM
news.verizon.net

GRRR....I would like to have mowed the grass
Needs a pre-season tuneup? Make sure the filters and plug are clean.
Add fresh gas and oil. Blast a little WD-40 into the throttle cable
housing.

I would do all of that if I knew how to. I think that lawnmowers should be
made so that the average woman could start them!

Old 23-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

news.verizon.net wrote:

GRRR....I would like to have mowed the grass

Needs a pre-season tuneup? Make sure the filters and plug are clean.
Add fresh gas and oil. Blast a little WD-40 into the throttle cable
housing.

I would do all of that if I knew how to.

Ask your husband, SO, or kids.

Old 23-04-2003, 03:20 AM
Kyle Boatright

Try a "reel" type mower. I used one for years on a small yard. You need to
sharpen them a time or two a season, but they make a neat cut, and they are
never out of gas, discharged, or hard to start.

Old 23-04-2003, 03:44 AM

Let me say it before someone else does:

You're a sexist SOB."

I suppose the P.A. must stand for Perfect Asshole?

Old 23-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Trish K.

Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A. wrote:

animaux wrote:

Just make sure the blades are knife sharp or you will be wishing you had that
pull cord mower back. The next mower we buy will be an electric rechargeable.
Maybe one day they will make a solar mower. By then I hope to have a mostly
solar and wind energized home.

My point is, if you have to mow more than half inch with a push mower, you will
die of heat stroke! You may have to mow twice a week.

Anyone have any experience with the new robot mowers?

maybe "Asimo" will cut your grass for you Rev.

http://world.honda.com/ASIMO/