Old 17-03-2008, 08:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Gardening under lights--lamp confusion

I have used a combination of cool and warm fluorescent lamps in the
past, but now my local store only has the following (in the shape,
length I need):

Bright White TL850
DayLight White TL865
Cool White (3 kinds) TL841, ADV841, TL741
Neutral White TL735
DayLight Deluxe DX Alto

Since I can not find (size T8) Gro-Lux that fit in my fixtures, which
one of these is best for plants? Would a combination of types be
better than any single type? Does Color Temperature matter? CRI? I
guess the last model "has reduced mercury content." I could care less
about how the light "looks to the eye" but more importantly the
efficiency of the tube to making plants grow. TIA

Old 17-03-2008, 08:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

Phisherman wrote:
I have used a combination of cool and warm fluorescent lamps in the
past, but now my local store only has the following (in the shape,
length I need):

Bright White TL850
DayLight White TL865
Cool White (3 kinds) TL841, ADV841, TL741
Neutral White TL735
DayLight Deluxe DX Alto

Since I can not find (size T8) Gro-Lux that fit in my fixtures, which
one of these is best for plants? Would a combination of types be
better than any single type? Does Color Temperature matter? CRI? I
guess the last model "has reduced mercury content." I could care less
about how the light "looks to the eye" but more importantly the
efficiency of the tube to making plants grow. TIA

The TL735's are good. Plants also seem to like 730's or 830's.

Bob

Old 19-04-2008, 01:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mar 18, 1:48*am, zxcvbob wrote:
Phisherman wrote:
I have used a combination of cool and warm fluorescent lamps in the
past, but now my local store only has the following (in the shape,
length I need):

Bright White *TL850
DayLight White TL865
Cool White *(3 kinds) *TL841, ADV841, TL741
Neutral White *TL735
DayLight Deluxe DX Alto

Since I can not find (size T8) Gro-Lux that fit in my fixtures, which
one of these is best for plants? * Would a combination of types be
better than any single type? *Does Color Temperature matter? CRI? *I
guess the last model "has reduced mercury content." *I could care less
about how the light "looks to the eye" but more importantly the
efficiency of the tube to making plants grow. * TIA

The TL735's are good. *Plants also seem to like 730's or 830's.

Bob- Hide quoted text -

I use ultra red in winter and ultra voilet in summer
used together at 0 watt it helps to safe guard pest attacks at night
Your views required
B. Shah