Old 28-03-2008, 02:10 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default GIANT FUNGUS

Days of solid rain made this giant fungus grow at my front door. 2
days of sun made it shrivel and disappear again. Have never seen
anything like it. I think it's beautiful (placed it at the beginning
of my photos at www.rent-a-cloud.com/photo.php). I wonder if this
fungus has a name?
Thanks for having a look.

Greetings - Klaus and Rusty
www.rent-a-cloud.com
(where everything is free)
Old 28-03-2008, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens

Where is the fungi?

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 28-03-2008, 02:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

"symplastless" wrote in message
Where is the fungi?

That's what the poster asked, dufus.

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Buttercup
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding
us that we are not the boss.

Old 28-03-2008, 05:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Don't Answer symplastless [was: GIANT FUNGUS]

Do not ever respond to a post from symplastless. You are wasting your
time trying to correct him.

I set my filters to mark any newsgroup message from him as already read.
I ignore any thread he starts.

On 3/28/2008 6:16 AM, Don Staples wrote:
[...]

David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
Old 28-03-2008, 05:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Don Staples" wrote:

"symplastless" wrote in message
Where is the fungi?

That's what the poster asked, dufus.

Invectives aside, that is not what the OP asked. The OP asked what and
John asked where. It's the very first one John.
www.rent-a-cloud.com/photo.php

The second 'shroom from the right seems to have a bit of veil attached
to it. Not sure if it is an amanita but it looks a lot like a couple of
the 'shrooms on http://www.fungiphoto.com/CTLG/SYS1/F.txc.html .
I wish you a porcini next time. The biology department at a nearby
college or high school may have a mycologist who could tell you for sure.

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Buttercup
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding
us that we are not the boss.

"blacklight" wrote in message
Days of solid rain made this giant fungus grow at my front door. 2
days of sun made it shrivel and disappear again. Have never seen
anything like it. I think it's beautiful (placed it at the beginning
of my photos at www.rent-a-cloud.com/photo.php). I wonder if this
fungus has a name?
Thanks for having a look.

Greetings - Klaus and Rusty
www.rent-a-cloud.com
(where everything is free)

--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/

Old 28-03-2008, 08:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

blacklight wrote:
Days of solid rain made this giant fungus grow at my front door. 2
days of sun made it shrivel and disappear again. Have never seen
anything like it. I think it's beautiful (placed it at the beginning
of my photos at www.rent-a-cloud.com/photo.php). I wonder if this
fungus has a name?
Thanks for having a look.

Greetings - Klaus and Rusty
www.rent-a-cloud.com
(where everything is free)

You made some sort of mistake on the uploading:

Not Found

The requested URL /1040221464GIANTFUNGUS.jpg was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.59 (CentOS) Server at www.rent-a-cloud.com Port 80

It would help to tell us where this fungus was growing while you are at it.
Fungi are different in Albany, Amsterdam, and Adelaide.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old 28-03-2008, 09:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

"David E. Ross" wrote in message
news
Do not ever respond to a post from symplastless. You are wasting your
time trying to correct him.

Why not, I have a back ground in tree biology, more than you can say, and
people often ask questions about trees in which I address.

Maybe if you understood trees you could correct things. What specifically
are you referring to as incorrect on my websites that require correction?

--
Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.

Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20..._planting.html

Improper Mulching -
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/mulch.html

Improper Pruning
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning

Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html

Tree Farming and Related Problems
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Forester & Tree Expert
www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

I will pray for you.

Old 28-03-2008, 10:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

Try www.rent-a-cloud.com/photo.php ,first picture.

Old 28-03-2008, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..

"David E. Ross" wrote in message
news
Do not ever respond to a post from symplastless. You are wasting your
time trying to correct him.

Why not, I have a back ground in tree biology, more than you can say, and
people often ask questions about trees in which I address.

You may have a background, but no education. Explain that.

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Buttercup

Old 01-04-2008, 09:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
z z is offline

On Mar 28, 3:56*pm, Grammar Granny wrote:
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 22:22:15 -0400, "symplastless"

wrote:
Where is the fungi?

Needed: *Verb-Object agreement.

Grammar Granny

where is the fun, guy?

Old 01-04-2008, 11:36 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,

wrote:
Where is the fungi?

Needed: *Verb-Object agreement.

Like, I thought it was the subject-verb agreement?

Grammar Granny

where is the fun, guy?

Where be the fun, guy?
This wouldn't be my hero Ted Kennedy from the Party Hearty Party, is it?

Old 02-04-2008, 01:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Mar 29, 4:53 am, Billy wrote:

John asked where. It's the very first one John.www.rent-a-cloud.com/photo.php

[...]

+++++++++++
Hi Billy, many thanks to actually answer my little question. Much
appreciated.
Greetings - Klaus and Rusty
www.rent-a-cloud.com
Old 07-04-2008, 07:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
z z is offline

On Apr 1, 6:36*pm, Billy wrote:
Needed: *Verb-Object agreement.

but if you object, then there is no agreement.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
z wrote:

On Apr 1, 6:36*pm, Billy wrote:
Needed: *Verb-Object agreement.

but if you object, then there is no agreement.

Now, that's what I call a smart donkey;-)