Old 06-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Registered User

Question allotment timing

hi

have just got my first allotment. i work with trees and keep a large garden and have been working with plants for 6 years. i have a good understanding of what i am doing in the allotment and have done research into seed varieties, bed layout and methodology.

my problem is that i have only been given the go ahead last night to start work and have nothing but research on my side so far. the allotment is covered in grass and when the snow goes ill be in there but am i running to late for it to be productive. some of the seed packets say to sow in early march and i havent due to the fact i was waiting for confirmation on the allotment.

i feel as the seasons are getting later this wont be a problem but i am keen to seek advice from people with experience of veggies and allotments. any advice is great or just general pointers wont be a bad thing.

ben