Old 23-04-2008, 02:23 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default do groundhogs eat compost

On Apr 22, 1:24 am, Billy wrote:
In article
,
Father Haskell wrote:

On Apr 21, 10:11 pm, Charlie wrote:
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:59:57 -0700 (PDT), Father Haskell

wrote:
It's fun to concoct the "brew" if nothing else.

Ah, hah....this is what I am about with a lot of my schemes and ideas!
Lookin' forward to my first compost tea brewing experience. Gotta go
thru all the boxes of stuff and find those old pumps and stones.

**NOTE...I am taking neither side in the discussion 'tweenst you and
Val.

I just like doing "science" experiments and hope to do no harm. ;-)

You screw up, you kill a plant. I can think of worse.

Tell it to the plant. With a bit more piety it would have been, screw up
and you kill the potential of what could have been.

Not if you take cuttings first.

Where did the
sobriquet "Father" come from?

It's the last name that they usually ask about.
Old 23-04-2008, 06:11 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Father Haskell wrote:

On Apr 22, 1:24 am, Billy wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
It's fun to concoct the "brew" if nothing else.

Ah, hah....this is what I am about with a lot of my schemes and ideas!
Lookin' forward to my first compost tea brewing experience. Gotta go
thru all the boxes of stuff and find those old pumps and stones.

**NOTE...I am taking neither side in the discussion 'tweenst you and
Val.

I just like doing "science" experiments and hope to do no harm. ;-)

You screw up, you kill a plant. I can think of worse.

Tell it to the plant. With a bit more piety it would have been, screw up
and you kill the potential of what could have been.

Not if you take cuttings first.

Where did the
sobriquet "Father" come from?

It's the last name that they usually ask about.

Haskell? Welsh. Celtic heritage. I'll drink to that. So where did the
sobriquet "Father" come from? You seem a bit cagy to be a priest but
then it's hard out there for a priest or do you just have a bevy of kids?
--

Billy

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBB0s...eature=related
Old 08-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Registered User

Hi There
I am new to worm farming and i didnt know where to start but just wanted to give it a go. So thought i would have a search around the internet to see what info was available and couldnt really find much! However i did find a really great book to download which was incredibly informative and really easy to read. Now I am so excited as i have a better understanding as a complete novice and i highly recommend it to anyone starting out.
I found it under this website: Beginners Guide to Starting a Worm Farm

would appreciate any further advice from anyone.

Allotment Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
We recently bought a 90 gal capacity compost bin from Costco
Costco

We live in the country. Something (we figure groundhogs) are eating
our compost.

Now we say when we empty our uncooked vegetable scraps, "Wonder how
much they ate today."

Discouraged.
Dee Dee

[IMG] code is On

Do groundhogs eat pumpkin vines? Bobo Edible Gardening 3 16-07-2014 04:02 AM
To eat or not to eat (:-) Pete[_9_] United Kingdom 1 30-10-2012 10:42 PM
Groundhogs Mike Davis Gardening 48 15-03-2004 12:02 AM
have any groundhogs? glowworm Orchids 4 08-10-2003 12:42 PM
have groundhogs? glowworm Gardening 9 08-10-2003 04:18 AM