Old 11-05-2008, 04:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Minor of attack of sticky pot-it is

I bought a Stairway to Heaven Jacob's Ladder at Depot Nursery.

http://www.naturehills.com/product/s...bs_ladder.aspx

It's it planted in light shade and I'll give her a good drink later today.

Cheryl

Old 11-05-2008, 11:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

On May 11, 8:01 am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I bought a Stairway to Heaven Jacob's Ladder at Depot Nursery.

http://www.naturehills.com/product/s...bs_ladder.aspx

It's it planted in light shade and I'll give her a good drink later today.

Cheryl

Oh good, Cheryl, I'm glad someone else is still afflicted!

We just returned from a trip to the North Coast (it was cold)
On the way home, we just have to pass a fantastic nursery.
Well, not exactly "pass" we have to take the bypass off 101
to McKinleyville, but we get gas there because it's cheaper
..........well, you understand.................
So we stop at Miller's and I always manage to find room in
amongst all the camping gear for 2 one gallon pots.
This time it was a Sulphur Flowered Buckwheat and a Tellima
Both big, healthy plants. The. Buckwheat is full sun, and
Tellima is shade. They are both CA natives; I seem to be
addicted to them at the present!
What fun!
Emilie
NorCal
Old 11-05-2008, 11:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 5/11/08 5:45 PM, in article ,
"Jangchub" wrote:

On Sun, 11 May 2008 11:01:20 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

I bought a Stairway to Heaven Jacob's Ladder at Depot Nursery.

http://www.naturehills.com/product/s...bs_ladder.aspx

It's it planted in light shade and I'll give her a good drink later today.

Cheryl

I need, I need, I need! When I lived up north, I yearned for plants
which wouldn't grow or thrive. Now I live in the southern region and
I miss my northern plants.

None of any of this makes me happy!

Is it lovely.

Don't worry, I envy the agaves and other succulents you can grow

Old 11-05-2008, 11:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 5/11/08 6:04 PM, in article
,
"mleblanca" wrote:

[...]

I've had tellimas briefly, I love the buckwheats

Old 12-05-2008, 08:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

On May 11, 11:01*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I bought a Stairway to Heaven Jacob's Ladder at Depot Nursery.

http://www.naturehills.com/product/s...bs_ladder.aspx

It's it planted in light shade and I'll give her a good drink later today.

Cheryl

HEY CHERYL!!! Isn't SPS (Sticky pot syndrome) a wonderful malady?
I'm seriously afflicted despite my total lack of
funds...............LOL I'm counting change to purchase a couple of
jalapeno plants for James and hope they don't cross with the yellow
cow horn ones he chose as compromise.........but, but but, yesterday
before I got to the veggie plants at the Lowes on the way to get the
last cactus at Gloria's house (only the iguana's know for sure) I
spotted an orchid primrose................................HAD TO HAVE
IT!!!! it will be tucked into the pot where I've planted Autumn fern
and Tassel ferns as company. NO SHADE HERE except for a small spot at
the back corner that is tucked up on the southwest corner of the yard
where we're renting. A young hackberry tree is sheltering my three
containers of tree peonies at the moment, and I think I'll move them
to the back fence now as the leaves are fully out on the tree. scoop
patrol on the poopers (dawgs) is a new one for me, and I've rigged up
a plastic pot and a milk jug for scooping and am putting the poop
behind the compost bin and covering it with grass. no worries about
contamination as this is a new compost pile and anything that composts
will be used to fortify the flower beds anyway, nothing used for the
edibles.

anyone know if I should lift the tomato plants out of the herb bed
that runs west along side the driveway on the rented house and put
them with the other tomato plants? I tucked them into the lemon
verbena, near the Rosemary and amongst the oregano..............can't
find my book on companion planting and wondered if they're ****ed at
the herbs........or maybe reluctlant to grow into fruit bearing
tomato's since the oregano suggests sauce.............lol any idea?
let me know here or at me yahoo addy.

gosh it's great to see V and the others!! I MISS YOU