Old 01-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Registered User

Default Newbie Gardener needs help!

Hi All,

I am new here, first post and also completely new to gardening. My only experience is mowing a lawn!

I have recently moved house and inherited a garden that the previous occupant looked after. Unfortunately, spring has come and the previously maintained flower beds look overgrown. Having no experience at all, I am hesitant to start digging as every week new flowers pop up from nowhere amongst the many weeds.

I am kind of stuck as I don't know what is a weed and what isn't. What should I do?

Also, I have taken pictures of a couple of prominent plants. Can anyone help me identify them?

Is this a weed or not?

What is this one?

And this? There is a lot of this...not sure whether I like it or not as it smells quite...pungeant!

All help greatly appreciated. Hopefully I have caught the gardening bug and will be around for some time to come!

Chris.