Old 28-06-2008, 06:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Hydrangea

Can I transplant a flowering hydrangea? It's in a 5-gallon planter,
and I have a ton of compost I can put around ir.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 28-06-2008, 03:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jun 28, 1:56*am, Chris wrote:
Can I transplant a flowering hydrangea? It's in a 5-gallon planter,
and I have a ton of compost I can put around ir.

Thanks,

Chris

No problem, way better success rate this time of year if done on rainy
day. Under no circumstances aloow the root mass to dry in the sun, so
get you hole ready first.
Old 29-06-2008, 08:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jun 28, 10:19 am, beecrofter wrote:
On Jun 28, 1:56 am, Chris wrote:

Can I transplant a flowering hydrangea? It's in a 5-gallon planter,
and I have a ton of compost I can put around ir.

Thanks,

Chris

No problem, way better success rate this time of year if done on rainy
day. Under no circumstances aloow the root mass to dry in the sun, so
get you hole ready first.

Thanks.

Unfortunately I was sick most of the weekend and other things jumped
on my time wagon. I will hope for a shower next weekend

Chris
Old 29-06-2008, 08:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jun 28, 11:47 am, Jangchub wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:56:06 -0700 (PDT), Chris

wrote:
Can I transplant a flowering hydrangea? It's in a 5-gallon planter,
and I have a ton of compost I can put around ir.

Thanks,

Chris

If you mean it's in a container or pot, then yes you can plant it now.
If you mean it's in the ground or in a planter in which you have to
dig it out, I'd say wait till the fall.

If in a pot, totally saturate the roots in the pot and just dig a hole
and plant it. Keep it watered, but not over watered.

Thanks,

Yes, it is in a large container now. I have to roll the thing on its
side and bang it to loosen it before it will come out, but no real
digging. I don't need to cut the rootball or anything like that. Just
have to dig a huge honking hole

You know, I wish I had thought of saturating its twin before I
transplanted it a few weeks ago. I bet it would have come out of the
planter a whole lot easier

Chris

[IMG] code is On

Hydrangea mop head blue Rich United Kingdom 4 07-11-2003 01:23 AM
hydrangea Sabaa Mundia Australia 6 19-06-2003 04:21 AM
Hydrangea petiolaris/Climbing Hydrangea pelirojaroja Gardening 2 21-04-2003 03:08 AM
Climbing Hydrangea Brs36 Gardening 5 08-04-2003 11:20 PM
Hydrangea - No Flowers Alan Terry United Kingdom 8 22-10-2002 05:45 PM