Old 29-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Registered User

Location: fuerteventura,canary islands
Default palm help pls

hi can anyone id this palm i have looked in my books and quite a lot on the net but no joy any idea ????
please thanks tracy

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...a/Image034.jpg
Old 29-06-2008, 08:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

g'day tracy,

look like a "queen palm" aka "syagrus romanzoffiana", to me. just the
picture shows a multi planted pot, bound to become very crowded as the
palms grow.

over here in aus' they are a bit of an environmental weed as fruit
bats spread the seeds around the habitat, and they grow readily.

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:18:47 +0100, tracy_fuerteven
wrote:

hi can anyone id this palm i have looked in my books and quite a lot on
the net but no joy any idea ????
please thanks tracy

http://tinyurl.com/4dalhr

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
Old 29-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy_fuerteven View Post

Could it be one of these: http://tinyurl.com/548gyq
Old 30-06-2008, 01:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

Its not a royal palm?

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 30-06-2008, 07:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

g'day ?

did i say royal?

but i would have to agree with you the palm in the picture isn't a
royal.

Its not a royal palm?

Old 01-07-2008, 02:11 AM posted to rec.gardens

"tracy_fuerteven" wrote in
message ...

hi can anyone id this palm i have looked in my books and quite a lot on
the net but no joy any idea ????
please thanks tracy

http://tinyurl.com/4dalhr

Definiely Queens.

--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky

Old 01-07-2008, 04:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Buderschnookie" wrote in message

"tracy_fuerteven" wrote in
message ...

hi can anyone id this palm i have looked in my books and quite a lot on
the net but no joy any idea ????
please thanks tracy

http://tinyurl.com/4dalhr

Definiely Queens.

What are some unique anatomy features of a queens palm that you know of. I
am studying a Ptychosperma elegans as I write. I see the xylem and phloem.
Its amazing how tough strand within the soft ground tissues give palms
unique abilities to bend without breaking during high winds. I am looking
at the parenchyma cells now. Please tell me more about the anatomy of the
"queens".
I like tree anatomy.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
I like tree anatomy.

You like stirring shit.
Blah, blah, blah, fishcakes.

-Toni

Old 02-07-2008, 05:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Buderschnookie" wrote:

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..