Old 29-06-2008, 11:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Baby hawk

A baby hawk born in the backyard has changed my gardens. Currently he
is perched on a blueberry netting support watching for pond frogs.
Earlier he was on my driveway failing to catch a lizard. He cries
often and mama hawk brings him a snake which he swallows whole. My
garden gate has become a dining table covered with varmint blood! The
other day the baby hawk tried eating a zucchini! Started seeing the
baby hawk using a telescope high up in a pine tree, two months ago.
Nice to see first hand how a red-shouldered hawk grows up. Got
several pics and more if anyone interested. I am amazed how many
snakes have been eaten and whenever I mention it, 9 out 10 times women
say "Good!" The parents starting building the nest last year but
finally had success this year with a single chick.
Old 30-06-2008, 12:29 AM posted to rec.gardens

Phisherman wrote:
[...]

There are 2 baby hawks in and out of our rear yard every day. It's all
wooded with ground shrubbery, so no problem. They are catching mostly
chipmunks :-) gray squirrels :-)
and occasionally a dove. :-( We have a total of around 12 to 16 hawks
that live in a 1/2 mile of our property, so sometimes we can see 3
different species within minutes of each other.

Tom J

[IMG] code is On

Hawk Moth - hawk moth.JPG (1/1) Amos Nomore Garden Photos 1 13-06-2007 02:00 PM
Baby hawk just hatched Srgnt Billko Lawns 0 04-05-2007 03:57 AM
2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
Hawk problem cyestyear Ponds 6 16-11-2003 07:02 PM
starling/hawk/seagull/frog in the fir tree K30a Ponds 9 19-04-2003 10:20 PM