Old 02-07-2008, 12:47 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Trees and problems 2

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 18:22:29 -0500, Jangchub
wrote:

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 14:19:07 -0500, "Don Staples"
wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 21:02:25 -0400, "symplastless"
wrote:

Please define a "tree".

Why, don't you know what it is? I can define that Datura is NOT a
tree. Please, why don't you define a tree. I'm waiting patiently.

Now that will be a challenge, and the answer will be long, winding, and
absolutely off base.

I hope someone tells me how to mulch properly, prune properly,
rhizosphere properly prudently propicoiusly and pomposity with a
weighty preaamble.

Don't forget to nurse the logs.

I'm wondering why brugs aren't trees, mine grows like a tree, breaks
the pavement, lifts the roof on the carport. Is it the internal
structure, or what determines the difference? Not trying to be
contentious, usually.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:36 PM posted to rec.gardens

I'm envying those gorgeous flowers on your brugmansia. I must have
that instead of a datura, because mine is pretty tall, even in a pot.
When I mentioned "datura" to someone at the nursery when I lived in
Florida, I was told that datura and brugmansia were the same but now
they use brugmansia instead of datura. Obviously there is a
difference!

I was off at the nursery in Asheville today buying more plants and
doing other chores, so tomorrow I'm going to feed it and watch the
watering (not too much) and hope that I can get this to bloom. When I
lived in Florida I had three of them - a white, a yellow and a
lavender and had not problem with them blooming in the ground.

The rest of you garden is wonderful, as well!

Regards,
June