Old 30-06-2008, 01:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Trees and problems 2

Other than the spammers that interfered with the message last time here is
some useful information for caring people to help the better care for their
trees. This is short and brief information for people to help them
correctly care for their trees. My critics on her like Don Staples and
jangclub really do not understand trees and claim to be experts. Watch
them. While some of their information may be useful their lack of
understanding of tree biology makes them a poor choice for accurate
information regarding the ecological stages of trees and their associates.
I have been studying tree biology since 1991 and dissecting trees to better
understand them and treatments. Thus this makes my critics jealous or
something stimulating them to spam every post I make. Anyone interested in
learning and understanding treatments to trees and their associates should
first visited he www.shigoandtrees.com he dissected more trees than
anyone on this list ever will. He had the credentials people like Staples
claim to have. personally I think he is a crook, he knows he's a crook, and
he isn't going to change. I myself like to explain to people some of the
features of trees I have learned by dissecting trees and studying under my
professor who was a world renown tree biologist. Watch them respond to
this.

Anyway trees are woody, shedding, perennial plants. Actually they are
annual parts growing on a perennial plant. Leaves, non-woody roots and
mycorrhizae are annual. Unless of course it's a mycorrhizae stacking.

Anyway I will continue to reach out to people to help them understand the
trees they want to help. If you want to hurt trees email somebody else.

Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.

Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20..._planting.html

Improper Mulching -
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/mulch.html

Improper Pruning
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning

Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html

Tree Farming and Related Problems
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Tree Biologist
www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.
Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that
will give them understanding.

Old 30-06-2008, 01:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

I'm posting this on this thread because I keep getting an error
message when I try to post a new threat. It says there is some missing
information, which there isn't. I have no idea why I keep getting that
when I try to post, so I'm posting this on the tree threat. I hope
someone can tell me why I keep getting that error message. I've signed
on fine, filled out the form correctly and still get that error
message. AARGH! Anyway, here's my tree/bush problems:

I've had a datura since last year and it has never bloomed. It was
overwintered indoors under grow light and it's been outdoors for about
six weeks. It's in a large pot, for it's size and in full sun. I can't
figure out why this thing hasn't bloomed.
about a week and a half ago I pruned it a bit, thinking that maybe
that would stimulate it.
I'd love some input on why this thing has never bloomed in a year and
some helpful hints on what I can do to get it to bloom.

Thanks!
June
Old 30-06-2008, 03:40 AM posted to rec.gardens

June

One thing you might try because you cannot mulch correctly in a pot. You
could fertilize with micro elements. I would stay away from too much
nitrogen because you do not want the tree to grow big and fast. The
microelement solution I use has very little nitrogen and has all of the
microelements that are essential. It has some biostimulants as well. This
would give the tree some of the elements it might be receiving in its
natural habitat.

If you are into pruning Shigo has two books. World wide photo guide and
Pruning Basics. One would probably be good for you and your tree. Try not
to over water. Just water enough to wet the nonwoody roots in the upper
four inches. I have to go.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 30-06-2008, 04:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

"kzin" wrote in message

On 29-Jun-2008, "symplastless" wrote:

He had the credentials people like Staples
claim to have. personally I think he is a crook, he knows he's a crook,
and he isn't going to change.

Calling Don a crook in writing in a public forum, without any evidence
whatsoever to back it up.

Getting pretty close to libel I'd say.

But I suppose you'd get off by claiming insanity. And you'd be right.

ml

My thoughts on the topic of his salvaging is he
he calls it salvaging. I call it logging. No he has pushed me to come out
and tell you him and everybody else what I think of him. Claiming salvaging
will increase the health of the system is being a crook!

Old 30-06-2008, 04:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

The address of what I think.

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...tis/index.html

--
"symplastless" wrote in message

"kzin" wrote in message

[...]

Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding
us that we are not the boss.

Old 30-06-2008, 05:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Ya know, all the problems I've presented, with few exceptions, are NOT
answered by your weblinks. So, I must rely on other replies for semblance
of an appropriate answer. I admit, in one occurrence, you simply said you
didn't know. But such reply wasn't needed, as was assumed by myself if no
reply.

You should also look into the term "spam" regarding usenet and internet use.
Saw little, if any replies, that involved commercial advertising. Maybe you
mean something else?

I'll take a typical "semi-educated" country doctor that understands local
and typical problems, rather than one who has alot of schooling about
generalities. AND, is willing to pursue a conversation without recourse to
weblinks. Rather, such are directing questions appropriate and directly
answering with their solutions. This, UNLIKE you, is more comforting and
easier to understand what is appropriate in each individual circumstance.
This is your weakness and pitfall. And, as you continue your typical
Dave

We have a right to choose.
Choices have consequences,
for both self, and others.
You probably considered yourself.

Old 30-06-2008, 07:36 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
June wrote:

[...]

Don't forget the damn things are poisonous. My brother had a drop of dew
fall off his "brug" into his eye and it distorted his vision and his
heart beat. One drop.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Old 30-06-2008, 01:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

will give them understanding."June" wrote in message

[...]

June- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for very good hints. I was afraid to fertilize it, fearing I'd
just get more leaf growth and still no bloom. I'll feed it today -
probably Miracle grow which I use only on ornamentals. I also have
osmocote; but I think I'll go for the fast fix! :-)
It may be getting too much water as my husband has been watering my
potted plants during my recovery from hip replacement; but I'm taking
over that chore now so between me watering a bit less and the
fertilizer, I'm hoping that I'll finally get blooms!

Warm regards,
June
Old 30-06-2008, 03:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

http://www.treedictionarys.com/DICT2...tis/index.html

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

http://home.ccil.sorg/~treeman
and www.treedicstionary.com
Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding
us that we are not the boss.
Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books
that will give them understanding.

You don't think, rainman, you are a yardman that has no education, and try
to make a living pimping off Shigo's work. You calling yourself a biologist
diminishes the work and status of real biologists. As far as libel goes, my
attorney needs to know the name of your attorney. He has your information,
your address in the apartments across the street from the county hospital,
so feel free.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:41 AM posted to rec.gardens

"June" wrote in message
[...]

The miracle grow is not food for the tree. In fact it has urea which can be
a problem in the rhizosphere of the tree. I would go with microelements.
If you require a source I will provide one. Contact me at

--
Do to the overwhelming amount a negative criticism by a few individuals on
this list, I am only willing to get into debate by way of email. I have a

Happy gardening!

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Tree Biologist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman

Old 01-07-2008, 12:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

--

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
[...]

your typical responses, you compound the same opinion by others who
frequent here.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

Please define a "tree".

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Tree Biologist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.
Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that
will give them understanding.
"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:41:35 -0400, "symplastless"
wrote:

The miracle grow is not food for the tree. In fact it has urea which can
be
a problem in the rhizosphere of the tree. I would go with microelements.
If you require a source I will provide one. Contact me at

Datura is not a tree. How do I know this? I have a degree in Datura.
I've been growing and selling this and Brugmansia spp. for a few
decades. You could call a Brugmansia a tree, but not actually.

Stop giving advice for trees to questions about herbaceous perennials.
gotta go

Old 01-07-2008, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 21:02:25 -0400, "symplastless"
wrote:

Please define a "tree".

Why, don't you know what it is? I can define that Datura is NOT a
tree. Please, why don't you define a tree. I'm waiting patiently.

Now that will be a challenge, and the answer will be long, winding, and
absolutely off base.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

www.shigcoandtrees.com Most topics, correct planting, mulching, pruning
and fertilization can be found at www.treedictioncary.com

Happy gardening!

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Yard man
http://hocme.ccil.org/~treedman
Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding
us that we are not the boss.
Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books
that will give them understanding.

You don't think, rainman, you are a yardman that has no education, and
try to make a living pimping off Shigo's work. You calling yourself a
biologist diminishes the work and status of real biologists. As far as
libel goes, my attorney needs to know the name of your attorney. He has
your information, your address in the apartments across the street from
the county hospital, so feel free.

Engaging this fool with email is a fruitless effort to gain information he
does not have, and subject to endless rants on subjects for which he is not
qualified to speak.