Old 13-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
if the kids are stupid enough to be putting things in their
mouths without asking if they are edible, there's a bigger
problem than a few mushrooms in the lawn.

lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there

Thanks for the other comments guys - I'll just try to mow it more often and see how it goes.
Old 14-07-2008, 02:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default My first post

In article ,
inchy wrote:

enigma;802728 Wrote:

if the kids are stupid enough to be putting things in their
mouths without asking if they are edible, there's a bigger
problem than a few mushrooms in the lawn.

lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
It wasn't there again today
The host resolved to NSA.

Thanks for that constructive comment you tosser. Kids are kids, they
do random stuff like that. Like a 2 yr old is going to ask
permission... I pity your kids, sounds like they have to ask permission
to breathe.

Thanks for the other comments guys - I'll just try to mow it more often
and see how it goes.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Old 14-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Charlie[_2_
;
Two year olds need constant attention to insure that they don't do dumb
shit. Pay attention to your toddler and don't allow them to be in
unsafe and questionable areas.

*ensure* - pay attention to your dictionary

Unsafe areas? A garden lawn shouldnt be an unsafe area, hence why I came on this website in the first place - to ask how I can get rid of them.
Old 14-07-2008, 09:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
inchy wrote:

'Charlie[_2_ Wrote:
;
Two year olds need constant attention to insure that they don't do
dumb
shit. Pay attention to your toddler and don't allow them to be in
unsafe and questionable areas.

*ensure* - pay attention to your dictionary

Unsafe areas? A garden lawn shouldnt be an unsafe area, hence why I
came on this website in the first place - to ask how I can get rid of
them.

Well, let it be said that Alex and Ed gave you the toxic or, Monsanto
approach to poisoning your environment. Pat gave the best advice on the
problem you requested to solve. The rest of us gave you shit because of
an apparent lack of interest in the subject you were trying to correct.
Hopefully if your car's motor was making an odd clicking sound and you
asked strangers hoe to fix it, you wouldn't accept the suggestion of
pouring sawdust into the crankcase without checking the reasonableness
of the assertion.

Not all ecological damage is done out of malice. Most of it is done by
thoughtlessness. Hopefully, the next yard project you have, you will
know that your actions have consequences. Working with nature, you won't
have those cans of poison lying around the house for your toddlers to
get into. Get the mushrooms identified. They are probably harmless.

Sorry for the rough treatment, but sometimes you have to hit a jack-ass
between the eyes with a 2 x 4 to get its' attention ;o)
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Old 15-07-2008, 03:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

Charlie wrote in
:

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:20:41 +0100, inchy
wrote:

enigma;802728 Wrote:

if the kids are stupid enough to be putting things in
their mouths without asking if they are edible, there's a
bigger problem than a few mushrooms in the lawn.

lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
It wasn't there again today
The host resolved to NSA.

Thanks for that constructive comment you tosser. Kids are
kids, they do random stuff like that. Like a 2 yr old is
going to ask permission...

Two year olds need constant attention to insure that they
don't do dumb shit. Pay attention to your toddler and
don't allow them to be in unsafe and questionable areas.

two year olds can understand "don't put that in your mouth"
or "don't eat those".
for the most part, a two year old shouldn't be unattended
anyway, so, since an adult would be present, they could steer
the child away from the mushrooms if needed.
personally, i'd rather teach a two year old not to eat
mushrooms than poison the lawn so it's unsafe for a child to
play there.

I pity your kids, sounds like they have to ask permission
to breathe.

Heh heh, not bloody likely. I would hazard a guess that
lee paid attention and taught her children well.

exactly. my kid has a brain. he doesn't put things he finds
into his mouth without asking me if they are edible or not.
when he was two, we had a simplified version called 'people
food, bird food'. i would point to the lovely bright red
berries on the daphne (very poisonous) & say "bird food". i'd
show him wild black raspberries & say "people food". he's
almost 8 & asks if he encounters something unfamiliar
(currents & mulberries recently, since neither grows here). he
has a good working knowledge of what local wild plants are
edible & what might look good, but isn't.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
It wasn't there again today
The host resolved to NSA.

[IMG] code is On

First lawn, first post. In need of advice.... TeaBag Lawns 21 07-06-2013 08:35 AM
first post ...baby fish lrpiam Ponds 3 19-07-2004 05:09 PM
first post ...baby fish CRC Ponds 5 17-07-2004 05:04 PM
Post Your Three Favorite Movies - I Post Facts About You The Magnficent Bastard Gardening 275 10-03-2004 01:47 AM
First Time Post: Red Ox Tiller Mark Gardening 0 31-03-2003 06:44 PM