Old 05-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Registered User

Smile Ground Elder

Good afternoon to you all. Can someone help us.
We have ground elder growing up in amongst the ivy. We would like to kill off the ground elder without killing the ivy. We were looking to us round up for the ground elder but know this will kill off the ivy if it gets on to it.
Does anyone have some good advice to deal with this problem that they could give us. Many thanks
Old 05-07-2008, 03:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Ground Elder

--
Meggiemoo

I too have an area that will be tricky to kill off an invading plant.
I plan to paint the Round Up on the leaves of the offending plant. It
will leave the plants we want to keep healthy. Be careful not to drip
Round Up on the Ivy. I've read this in several gardening sites.
Haven't tried it yet, but it's in the very near future.
Good Luck
Old 05-07-2008, 06:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.c...ound-elder.htm

Old 05-07-2008, 08:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ed Ed is offline

On 05/07/08 18:34, Sue Staples wrote:

"Meggiemoo" wrote in message

Good afternoon to you all. Can someone help us.
We have ground elder growing up in amongst the ivy. We would like to
kill off the ground elder without killing the ivy. We were looking to
us round up for the ground elder but know this will kill off the ivy if
it gets on to it.
Does anyone have some good advice to deal with this problem that they
could give us. Many thanks

http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.c...ound-elder.htm

Be utterly ruthless . Kill the ground elder off totally with glyphosate
or even sbk. And so, it might kill ya ivy? U can replant that eh?

Ed

Old 07-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Registered User

Thanks for all your suggestions.......

http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.c...ound-elder.htm[/i][/color]

Be utterly ruthless . Kill the ground elder off totally with glyphosate
or even sbk. And so, it might kill ya ivy? U can replant that eh?

Ed[/quote]

[IMG] code is On

Getting rid of ground elder Cat United Kingdom 130 30-10-2003 08:02 AM
Weeds (was Getting rid of ground elder) Victoria Clare United Kingdom 6 24-10-2003 12:22 AM
Help! Ground Elder Mike H United Kingdom 3 12-07-2003 02:32 PM
Help! Ground Elder Mike H Gardening 2 12-07-2003 09:32 AM
Ground elder & plants to grow with it Annabel United Kingdom 20 07-04-2003 04:33 PM