Old 28-07-2008, 06:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Whitefly and spider mite infestation

On Jul 27, 2:01 pm, Billy wrote:
In article
,

Chris wrote:
On Jul 27, 3:34 am, Billy wrote:
In article
,

Chris wrote:
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being is
now subjected to contact with dangerous chemicals, from the moment of
conception until death." ~Rachel Carson, Silent Spring, 1962

The interesting thing about this sort of poster is that, not too many
years ago, it was the norm to douse with poisons. I, along with a
handful of others in this newsgroup have been lone soldiers of
organics. Now it seems organics are more the norm. It's truly so
nice to see in my own lifetime. I wish Rachel Carson were still
around to see that at least people are making efforts to stop
poisoning the earth. This is such good news.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but perhaps anyone who used
chemical pesticides or fertilizers was made to feel so unwelcome, they
just stopped posting. There would be no way to differentiate the two
cases at this point.

That would be counterproductive.

I've been on Usenet for longer than I like to imagine (uh, I think I
posted my first article on rec.arts.sf.written in about 198x), so I
have a pretty thick skin. But someone who comes to a group for the
first time, asking for help, and gets slammed too hard, is going have
a reaction along the lines of "What a bunch of supercilious
assholes!" Anyway, I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to losing my
temper, but really, someone who comes asking for advice can get it
with honey or with fire ants. Which do you think they're more likely
to accept?

Chris

You made your point in the first five lines but you kept babbling
anyway.

Then why respond?

Anyone who monitored this group would have an idea of the range of our
opinions presented. You are arguing for the dolt who thinks
his/her answer is in a jar and just drops by to find out which
bottle and where they can get the best price.

You have problems reading for comprehension, I see. Try going back to
my post again.

If posters don't
even bother to learn about who they are asking questions of, why
would anyone worry if their self esteem gets a reality check? In
this particular case, the poster had already tried several toxic
substances and was looking for another. How dense does the poster
have have to be to ignore an up-welling of revulsion against their
actions?

A person came to ask for advice. You tell that person she's stupid and
incapable of learning.

Sorry, that's inappropriate in my book.

Sorry that we aren't organized to your to your level of
expectations but we aren't a monolithic group. We give what we can
and people take what they can. It might be nice to be a conspiracy,
then we could get t-shirts and coffee mugs but, we aren't. Some of
us are "save the planet assholes". We can be rude, and lewd, and
crude and, we will rail against lazy s.o.b.s who can't even Google
before they start splashing biocides on our planet.

Um, this is pretty amusing, but your odd fantasies here have nothing
whatsoever to do with what I wrote. Maybe remember to take the pink
pill with food tomorrow morning.

You obviously
belong to another demographic. Sanctimonious or supercilious
asshole sounds more like a description of yourself.

I'm cut- cut to the quick.

Whatever happened to your high ideals? Your sensitivity?
You come with a 'tude, a bad mouth, a straw-man, ad hominem
attacks, misrepresentations, and worst of all, no citations, no
verifiable information, not even personal experience. It seems all you
have is play-yard sarcasms.

Feel free to vent your stupidity. You are of no concern to me.
no useful knowledge.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Barshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KVTfcAyYGg&ref=patrick.nethttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0aEo59c7zU&feature=related

Goodness. Guess there was an exposed nerve ending there.

Your attitude is so like what I've seen so many times. You go off the
deep end- with those ridiculous statements about conspiracies or some
such- accuse me of babble in your first sentence, completely ignore
what I read for what instead got through some filter in your own mind,
and then play the injured party.

Sorry, it doesn't wash.

But you have a nice day.

Chris