Old 21-09-2008, 11:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Photo book with flowers

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 01:29:25 +0100, hotbee
wrote:

I am new to this forum so I welcome everyone!
My dad has a birthday in a week, and he is totally into gardening.
I want to make an original gift for him and the idea of making photo
book (including our photos and pictures of flowers) seems to be veary
appealing...
Could you please let me know which flowers could I buy and use when
taking photos..I mean..which of them are most photogenic? (Undoubtedly
all of them:P) What would you recommend?I need to send these shots to
printing company this week..

In a week? You might be better off trying for next year, starting
now. what particular flowers does he like?

Try going to Google images, search on flower, that should give you
some ideas.

Old 23-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Registered User

Hi everyone!

As for my problem with a gift last time, I decided to order a canvas print (kind of photo print with some flowers, which I have found on the Internet) It really made impact on my father.
Anyway I have just noticed that the company offers something special this time like Buy 2 Get 1 FREE, it means you can make a real deal. Mabye because of Christmas
If anybody interested in making canvas:
http://www.bagsoflove.co.uk/canvas-p...to-canvas.aspx
Old 27-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Registered User

Hi Hotbee,

Did you manage to make a gift for your father?

It's probably too late but I think it's good advice for other people too - as Charles said: go to google images and search for i.e orchid which will give you hundreds of images and for print you want to make sure they are good quality and size so choose large or extra large only

you can try this search query: http://images.google.co.uk/images?im...=Search+Images

It will give you this kind of images:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ite_Orchid.jpg

I think for this kind of present you can use those images and not worry about copyrights. (am I right?)
Old 28-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered User

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendad View Post
Hi Hotbee,

Did you manage to make a gift for your father?

It's probably too late but I think it's good advice for other people too - as Charles said: go to google images and search for i.e orchid which will give you hundreds of images and for print you want to make sure they are good quality and size so choose large or extra large only

you can try this search query: http://images.google.co.uk/images?im...=Search+Images

It will give you this kind of images:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ite_Orchid.jpg

I think for this kind of present you can use those images and not worry about copyrights. (am I right?)
Hi greendad!

Honestly, I do not know anything about copyrights (hope somebody knows on this forum)

Anyway thank you for advice/ Yes, I managed to make gift or in other worlds I just ordered the canvas print with my dad's photo on it (Obviously I added some pictures of flowers)
I just concluded that this way is faster than making a book.

The canvas is great, My dad likes it very much!

Old 29-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered User

Well it was a better idea to buy him a canvas as some companies offer them on next day service and flowers look stunning printed on canvas. Where did you get yours from? I'm gonna buy some for Christmas gifts soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbee View Post