Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-02-2009, 01:43 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Newbie question

Today, we went to the hardware store and bought a lot of seeds of various
kinds. In the past, we have bought live plants at nurseries. We're new to
gardening, so didn't have great success, but want to try it again. Would it
be better to just plant these seeds directly in prepared ground, or get some
peat pots and give them a head start in a protected area. We are past the
frost, or at least I believe so. I am in extreme SW Utah, not sure even of
which zone, as it is listed differently in different books. Town:
Toquerville. Elev. 3700'

Help appreciated. We're going to have some helpers tomorrow, and will run
some new lines, and get the irrigation water system kicked off for this
year.

Steve

[IMG] code is On

[IBC] Newbie question Jim Lewis Bonsai 7 03-09-2003 01:42 AM
Newbie Potato Tire Question Richard Lovering Edible Gardening 5 27-07-2003 11:02 AM
[IBC] Repotting- Newbie question Luis Fontanills Bonsai 6 01-04-2003 07:20 AM
Repotting- Newbie question Buridan Bonsai 0 30-03-2003 02:32 AM
Newbie question Buridan Bonsai 3 26-01-2003 07:53 PM