Old 27-03-2009, 10:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Starting plants from cuttings

I'd like to take cuttings from my Japanese Maples and from some roses to
start more plants.Is there a best time of the year to do this? I've
tries this many times (using rooting agents)and always failed. Any hints
would be appreciated.

EJ in NJ
Old 27-03-2009, 10:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Ernie Willson wrote:

I'd like to take cuttings from my Japanese Maples and from some roses to
start more plants.Is there a best time of the year to do this? I've
tries this many times (using rooting agents)and always failed. Any hints
would be appreciated.

EJ in NJ

Never heard of Maple Japanese cuttings. Still I have a bunch of young
tree's. My email without the golf phrase works and you my be enchanted
for nada. I live in S jersey. Roses I hear can be rooted.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 28-03-2009, 11:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:34:49 -0400, Ernie Willson
wrote:

I'd like to take cuttings from my Japanese Maples and from some roses to
start more plants.Is there a best time of the year to do this? I've
tries this many times (using rooting agents)and always failed. Any hints
would be appreciated.

EJ in NJ

It is unlikely a maple tree cuttings will root (please let me know if
this works). Roses are often grafted, so here you may get a weak
rose for your efforts (but cuttings will root). Best bet is buy
new plants. Plant roses now, plant maples in the fall.

[IMG] code is On

Rock elm cuttings no go, but sour cherry cuttings are going [email protected] Plant Science 0 15-08-2008 07:15 AM
Starting cuttings Phisherman Gardening 2 01-03-2006 06:02 PM
Starting off a planted tank -- starting one (or maybe) two strikes down.... [email protected] Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 09-11-2005 01:31 AM
Tank Setup Procedure/Sequence (starting with no plants) [email protected] Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 23-09-2004 07:36 PM
starting market stalls and selling plants Andrew G Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:34 AM