Old 19-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Registered User

Default What tree or shrub?

Hi,
Is there anyone out there who 's brain i can pick please. Our garden is overlooked and i need to plant a tree or shrub which will fill a gap. It needs to be at least 10feet high and about 6 feet wide, ideally it needs to keep its foliage through the winter but i would compromise on that for something that has an attractive look to it or even better a nice aroma to it so when we sit down near it there is a nice smell. The place it will be planted is a very sunny spot.
Many thanks for any help anyone can give me

Old 20-04-2009, 02:47 AM posted to rec.gardens

--
tcmartal

Where do you live; give us a hint.
Old 20-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleblanca View Post
On Apr 19, 7:56 am, tcmartal
wrote:
Hi,
Is there anyone out there who 's brain i can pick please. Our garden is
overlooked and i need to plant a tree or shrub which will fill a gap. It
needs to be at least 10feet high and about 6 feet wide, ideally it needs
to keep its foliage through the winter but i would compromise on that
for something that has an attractive look to it or even better a nice
aroma to it so when we sit down near it there is a nice smell. The
place it will be planted is a very sunny spot.
Many thanks for any help anyone can give me

--
tcmartal

Where do you live; give us a hint.
Shropshire, uk
Old 20-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmartal View Post
Shropshire, uk
Eleagnus ebbingei

Old 20-04-2009, 01:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

"mleblanca" wrote in message
On Apr 19, 7:56 am, tcmartal
wrote:
Hi,
Is there anyone out there who 's brain i can pick please. Our garden is
overlooked and i need to plant a tree or shrub which will fill a gap. It
needs to be at least 10feet high and about 6 feet wide, ideally it

needs to keep its foliage through the winter

but i would compromise on that
for something that has an attractive look to it or even better a nice
aroma to it so when we sit down near it there is a nice smell. The
place it will be planted is a very sunny spot.
Many thanks for any help anyone can give me

--
tcmartal

Where do you live; give us a hint.

Isn't "needs to keep its foliage through the winter" hint enough?

Old 20-04-2009, 11:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Apr 20, 5:25 am, "brooklyn1" wrote:
"mleblanca" wrote in message

On Apr 19, 7:56 am, tcmartal
wrote:
Hi,
Is there anyone out there who 's brain i can pick please. Our garden is
overlooked and i need to plant a tree or shrub which will fill a gap. It
needs to be at least 10feet high and about 6 feet wide, ideally it
needs to keep its foliage through the winter
but i would compromise on that
for something that has an attractive look to it or even better a nice
aroma to it so when we sit down near it there is a nice smell. The
place it will be planted is a very sunny spot.
Many thanks for any help anyone can give me

--
tcmartal

Where do you live; give us a hint.

Isn't "needs to keep its foliage through the winter" hint enough?

Yes, I will now plant a balsam fir in my 100 degree summers and we
shall see how long it
"keeps it leaves" Don't be foolish.
Em

[IMG] code is On

lemon tree/shrub James Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
lemon tree/shrub James Texas 0 11-03-2003 10:51 PM
Can anyone identify this shrub/tree? Cypress-like leaves, yellow daisy flowers. Cynthia Snowden United Kingdom 2 05-03-2003 03:11 PM
What is this tree/shrub? Peter United Kingdom 5 05-12-2002 04:45 PM
Tree/shrub to fill gap? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 6 04-11-2002 02:14 AM