Old 29-04-2009, 04:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Name callers and bashers

The very worst thing you can do is reply to disconnected people. Skip
their posts and enjoy the group. I do it all the time; and will here.
Great group, A lurker.

PS: Radishes and carrots up in N,E, Ia.

Old 29-04-2009, 05:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

I agree, 100%....never join in amongst them....that is what they want and
thrive upon.

2 years ago, I divided and spread out a very big and very thick planting of
Iris that was here 20 years ago when I bought this place. They bloomed very
sparsely. This year I have the most gorgeous Iris I have ever seen. All are
blooming, the ones I moved and the ones that I didn't. From a packed,
sparsely blooming 20 feet of Iris along my fence, I have now about 60 feet
of big, huge, fully blooming Iris. Colors are yellow, lavender and deep
purple. The purple ones smell like grape kool-aid.

Gloria

Old 30-04-2009, 12:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Harley" wrote in message

The very worst thing you can do is reply to disconnected people. Skip
their posts and enjoy the group. I do it all the time; and will here.
Great group, A lurker.

Another variation on the 'negativity'/'hateful' theme! 'Disconnected' comes
from the same phycho babble stable.

Try thinking about the word "passion". Why haven't you noticed that it is
the people with passion that you are complaining about? The truly
passionate ones are the same ones who know about gardening. Passionate
people may be a total pain in the end sometimes, but they are those exact
same people who observe, who are experienced and who can answer the
questions.

If they don't have direct experience, they generally want to know the answer
because they are curious. Curiosity leads to knowledge.

Old 30-04-2009, 12:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Gloria" wrote in message

I agree, 100%....never join in amongst them....that is what they want and
thrive upon.

Sheesh! More psycho babble!

Old 30-04-2009, 01:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Apr 29, 6:15*pm, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Harley" wrote in message
The very worst thing you can do is reply to disconnected people. Skip
their posts and enjoy the group. I do it all the time; and will here.
Great group, A lurker.

Another variation on the 'negativity'/'hateful' theme! *'Disconnected' comes
from the same phycho babble stable.

Try thinking about the word "passion". *Why haven't you noticed that it is
the people with passion that you are complaining about? *The truly
passionate ones are the same ones who know about gardening. *Passionate
people may be a total pain in the end sometimes, but they are those exact
same people who observe, who are experienced and who can answer the
questions.

If they don't have direct experience, they generally want to know the answer
because they are curious. *Curiosity leads to knowledge.

Passion flare-up never seems to excuse me from being polite to others,
no matter how it might itch and burn. Besides, isn't it known to
occasionally cause blindness?

Old 30-04-2009, 01:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,

"Harley" wrote in message
[...]

Passion can mean a love or joy of the task.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
- J.R.R. Tolkien (1892-1973)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkzUGguIKWA

Old 30-04-2009, 01:45 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Harley" wrote in message
[...]

Passionflower is interestingly (to me) a sedative. Passion is
wonderful, but in my experience, passion mixed with compassion is more
effective. I apologize for my "hateful" comment. I think I may have
been a bit too passionate without remembering the "com" prefix.

Kate
Old 30-04-2009, 09:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Harley" wrote in message
[...]

Others may not choose to share your rash.

Besides, isn't it known to occasionally cause blindness?

Passion has many faces. You're thinking below the belt whereas I was
referring to a cerebral passion.

Old 30-04-2009, 09:19 AM posted to rec.gardens

Charlie wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:15:06 +1000, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Try thinking about the word "passion". Why haven't you noticed that it is
the people with passion that you are complaining about? The truly
passionate ones are the same ones who know about gardening. Passionate
people may be a total pain in the end sometimes, but they are those exact
same people who observe, who are experienced and who can answer the
questions.

If they don't have direct experience, they generally want to know the
answer
because they are curious. Curiosity leads to knowledge.

Good response. Often what I notice here is impatience combined
with passion. The internet is the world's largest library and so many
questions asked here are readily answered with just a bit of research.

True, but for those who aren't used to doing research, I have some sympathy.
There is so much rubbish out there in cyber space that people who haven't
ever done research could be totally bamboozled. Experience prepared to
share and letting people question those who are experienced is a very valid
way of learning.

Ofttimes the answers people receive contain ideas and other methods
and hints that people hadn't thought of, or had not heard before, and
should spark more research. You can usually tell a curious person
from a lazy one.

Yep.

The intellectually curious do not need to be spoon fed in a polite
manner. Sometimes a boot in the arse from a pain in the arse is the
best motivation. I've found this to be true often in my life.

Yes. I learned a lot from someone in another area of interest who gave me a
few boots in the bum in an ng. He was criticised regularly for being a
booter. He recently died and a few months before he died, I thanked him
publicly for not spoon feeding and for what he'd taught me. I'm just glad I
thanked him before he died.

Anecdotal evidence is what I find most helpful here. That and the
camaraderie of such a diverse lot of people, worldwide, discussing
tangential issues and cracking wise and hollering. Telling stories
and giving hints of their lives and experiences.

For me, this is a group with a common bond, not just a Q&A forum.

Yup. A community who share one particular interest.

Old 30-04-2009, 11:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:16:52 +1000, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given
wrote:

"Gloria" wrote in message

I agree, 100%....never join in amongst them....that is what they want and
thrive upon.

Sheesh! More psycho babble!

Ha ha, name callers and bashers are a sure sign of insecurity.

Old 30-04-2009, 12:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

"Gloria" wrote in message

I agree, 100%....never join in amongst them....that is what they want and
thrive upon.

Sheesh! *More psycho babble!

Ha ha, name callers and bashers are a sure sign of insecurity. *

So um... What would you call laughing at others' insecurities?
Old 30-04-2009, 01:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Harley" wrote in message
[...]

Hate to break it to you but the passion below the belt is actually cerebral,
unless you're truly the proverbial dickhead.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:41 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

"Harley" wrote in message

The very worst thing you can do is reply to disconnected people. Skip
their posts and enjoy the group. I do it all the time; and will here.
Great group, A lurker.

Another variation on the 'negativity'/'hateful' theme! 'Disconnected' comes
from the same phycho babble stable.

Try thinking about the word "passion". Why haven't you noticed that it is
the people with passion that you are complaining about? The truly
passionate ones are the same ones who know about gardening. Passionate
people may be a total pain in the end sometimes, but they are those exact
same people who observe, who are experienced and who can answer the
questions.

If they don't have direct experience, they generally want to know the answer
because they are curious. Curiosity leads to knowledge.

It has been my experience in this group that the passionate ones are
believers. Not empericists, but rather true believers of the one true
way. They remind me very much of other evangelicals who passionately
try to convert others to their point of view, no matter how
unsupported it might be.

Another variation on the 'negativity'/'hateful' theme! 'Disconnected' comes
from the same phycho babble stable.

Pot, kettle, absence of light.

Yeah, good, but you don't specify your premise, you don't give a
citation to augment your argument, and your conclusion is ambiguous.
I say, what the hell are you talking about?
--

- Billy

Old 01-05-2009, 06:46 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Gloria" wrote in message

I agree, 100%....never join in amongst them....that is what they want and
thrive upon.

Sheesh! More psycho babble!

Ha ha, name callers and bashers are a sure sign of insecurity.

And yet more psycho babble.