Old 09-05-2009, 07:34 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Postings stuck at April 20

For some unknown reason, I cannot download posts from rec.gardens
newer than April 20, 2009. My other newsgroups on Mozilla are
working fine. Is this a moderator issue?

Sherwin
Old 09-05-2009, 01:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 09 May 2009 01:34:39 -0500, sherwin dubren
wrote:

For some unknown reason, I cannot download posts from rec.gardens
newer than April 20, 2009. My other newsgroups on Mozilla are
working fine. Is this a moderator issue?

Sherwin

No. Contact Comcast and ask about their newsgroup server.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

On May 9, 2:34*am, sherwin dubren wrote:
For some unknown reason, I cannot download posts from rec.gardens
newer than April 20, 2009. *My other newsgroups on Mozilla are
working fine. *Is this a moderator issue?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * Sherwin

You're right, I had not noticed it until I saw your post on Google
Groups.
Are you using motzarella? I had a similar problem with rec.hunting
and have to go to Google to read new posts.
I had mentioned it in the motzarella m.newusers group. Ray Banana
gave me an answer that would have required a degree in computer
science to understand. I believe he blamed the ng and it never got
corrected.

Don't think Comcast has any part of this since they yanked ng's a
while back.

My suggestion is use Google Groups as well as your reader, which I
assume motzarella.

Frank
Old 09-05-2009, 03:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

sherwin dubren wrote:
For some unknown reason, I cannot download posts from rec.gardens
newer than April 20, 2009. My other newsgroups on Mozilla are
working fine. Is this a moderator issue?

Sherwin

This is an unmoderated newsgroup so there is no moderator. It is likely
either a problem with whatever service that you are reading this
newsgroup through or they have dropped this newsgroup and you are still
seeing the leftover messages.

Many vendors have (and are continuing to) drop newsgroups like this
because many (like this one) have become just about useless. They have
been taken over by spammers, off topic posters, those with political or
other agendas and by people that have no respect for anyone else's views.

Usenet is dieing and this newsgroup is typical of the reason why that is
happening.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

"You are never to old to play in the dirt"

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Old 09-05-2009, 05:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

Bill R wrote in
:

Many vendors have (and are continuing to) drop newsgroups like
this because many (like this one) have become just about
useless. They have been taken over by spammers, off topic
posters, those with political or other agendas and by people
that have no respect for anyone else's views.

put the blame where it belongs. Google groups has destroyed USENET
by allowing spammers free access with no repercussions. if
Google/Gmail has a TOS, it they don't bother to enforce it. that's
why there are so many spammers, trolls & crap.
it would not cause me to lose any sleep if Google just up &
disappeared...

Usenet is dieing and this newsgroup is typical of the reason why
that is happening.

nonsense.
lee

Old 09-05-2009, 06:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Bill R wrote in
:

Many vendors have (and are continuing to) drop newsgroups like
this because many (like this one) have become just about
useless. They have been taken over by spammers, off topic
posters, those with political or other agendas and by people
that have no respect for anyone else's views.

put the blame where it belongs. Google groups has destroyed USENET
by allowing spammers free access with no repercussions. if
Google/Gmail has a TOS, it they don't bother to enforce it. that's
why there are so many spammers, trolls & crap.
it would not cause me to lose any sleep if Google just up &
disappeared...

Usenet is dieing and this newsgroup is typical of the reason why
that is happening.

nonsense.
lee

Bill R has a few valid points like not writing about garden stuff.
Bill R is always on topic No?

21 century schizoid man.

Bill and I like usenet the way it is if one doesn't go away and play in
the dirt.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
- J.R.R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

Old 09-05-2009, 06:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

sherwin dubren wrote:
For some unknown reason, I cannot download posts from rec.gardens
newer than April 20, 2009. My other newsgroups on Mozilla are
working fine. Is this a moderator issue?

Sherwin

Solution is at end of "test" thread I started in ng case you missed it.
Frank