Old 26-05-2009, 09:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Non Blumming Iris

I have lots of these that do not flower-what am I doing wrong?

Old 26-05-2009, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

Josie Galloway wrote:
I have lots of these that do not flower-what am I doing wrong?

Josie,

Are you Irises crowded? I need to divide mine every five years (or so)
to keep them blooming. Irises planted too deep won't bloom or have
reduced blooming. Also, how much sun do your Irises get? Too much
shade reduces their blooming.

Depending on your soil, they may need a little food. Light composing
early in the season works very well for Irises.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

"You are never to old to play in the dirt"

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Old 27-05-2009, 12:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Josie Galloway" wrote in message

I have lots of these that do not flower-what am I doing wrong?

Iris need to be split every 3-5 years and any that have bloomed already
should either be thrown away as they won't bloom again, or put them in a
spot in the garden where they can continue to produce side rhizomes which
you then split off and replant.

Old 27-05-2009, 01:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Non Bloomming Iris

On 5/26/2009 1:07 PM, Josie Galloway wrote:
I have lots of these that do not flower-what am I doing wrong?

Are these rhizome iris (e.g., bearded iris) or are these bulb iris
(e.g., "Dutch" iris)?

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
Old 27-05-2009, 02:45 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Josie Galloway" wrote in message

I have lots of these that do not flower-what am I doing wrong?

Iris need to be split every 3-5 years and any that have bloomed already
should either be thrown away as they won't bloom again, or put them in a
spot in the garden where they can continue to produce side rhizomes which
you then split off and replant.

Oh bullshit, you haven't a clue... irises grow best crowded. Farm1 is a
LIAR. a dirty smelly stinking liar... instead of flapping your lying tongue
show us your irises.. you can't you friggin' LIAR! You've never grown so
much as a dandilion ,you don't own so much as teaspoon of earth to grow
anything... LIAR! I don't think any of the regular posters here have ever
grown anything, except with their keyboards. If not for Google Farm1
wouldn't know what an iris looks like.. here, I'll loan you some of mine...
LIAR!

These are today's irises, they grow just fine crowded:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ijpxxs.jpg

Old 27-05-2009, 04:10 AM posted to rec.gardens

"brooklyn1" wrote in message
[...]

Poor old Shelly. You really have flipped your wig but all that spittle on
your chin from all that frothing at the mouth doesn't look very attractive.

Mop up and grow up.