Old 20-07-2009, 01:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Meet Miss Lucy

Last February when I went to the Northwest Flower & Garden Show I swore I
would stick to my list: one pack of Moonflower seeds and new pair of shears
that would be small and a good fit for my hands. I'd gone to this show since
the first and always went with firm resolve to not get carried away. I
usually need to hire a sherpa to lug purchases home. Since I no longer have
my large garden and have had to downsize to a 5'X7' balcony it's even more
important to stick to the plan, or at least try. I didn't this February,
too. *snort* I found some perfect small garden shears at Smith & Hawkins, I
got my Moonflower seeds, also picked up a bag of lavender and had Ciscoe
autograph his book I got two years ago. My son's mother in law bought me a
set of copper toadstools to tuck into my little garden for my birthday
present. After six hours I'm still doing pretty well. I'm not taking home
more than will fit in my small bag. Then I saw *HER*. The bulbs were (to me)
expensive, $40.00 for the bag of 3 (and they didn't sell singles) but they
were very large healthy looking bulbs. To hell with the list, to the hell
with the budget. I needed to have Miss Lucy and I don't regret it for a
minute. I kept two of the bulbs and gave one to a friend who just lost his
beloved old cat of 20 years, her name was Lucy. I had to plant Miss Lucy in
a pot with some hostas but she seems quite happy. I am very pleased.

If you like lilies this is a must have. The scent from this lily is just
knock-your-socks-off amazing. She grows in front of my bedroom window and
next to the slider to the living room and my apartment is filled with her
lovely scent. It's the first thing commented on when people come in or even
just stand at my hall door. The scent literally draws them through the
apartment to seek the source and she's such a stunning beauty. Meet Miss
Lucy a very fragrant, double, ruffled oriental lily.
http://tinypic.com/r/51ylu

Val

Old 20-07-2009, 02:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 7/19/09 8:46 PM, in article , "Val"
wrote:

[...]

Link didn't work, but I googled for it and WOW!

Old 20-07-2009, 03:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
If you like lilies this is a must have. The scent from this lily is just
knock-your-socks-off amazing. She grows in front of my bedroom window and
next to the slider to the living room and my apartment is filled with her
lovely scent. It's the first thing commented on when people come in or
even
just stand at my hall door. The scent literally draws them through the
apartment to seek the source and she's such a stunning beauty. Meet
Miss
Lucy a very fragrant, double, ruffled oriental lily.
http://tinypic.com/r/51ylu

Val

Link didn't work, but I googled for it and WOW!

It is a very definite WOW. Try this link http://tinypic.com/r/oanfgx/3 ,
don't know why the other didn't work.

Old 20-07-2009, 05:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 7/20/09 10:31 AM, in article , "Val"
wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
If you like lilies this is a must have. The scent from this lily is just
knock-your-socks-off amazing. She grows in front of my bedroom window and
next to the slider to the living room and my apartment is filled with her
lovely scent. It's the first thing commented on when people come in or
even
just stand at my hall door. The scent literally draws them through the
apartment to seek the source and she's such a stunning beauty. Meet
Miss
Lucy a very fragrant, double, ruffled oriental lily.
http://tinypic.com/r/51ylu

Val

Link didn't work, but I googled for it and WOW!

It is a very definite WOW. Try this link http://tinypic.com/r/oanfgx/3 ,
don't know why the other didn't work.

If you hadn't told me it was a lily, I'd have thought it was a clematis!

Cheryl

Old 22-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val View Post
[...]

Hi,
It is a very definite WOW. Try this
http://Garden-Planters.com

[IMG] code is On

Little Lucy Okra fixrack Gardening 4 15-01-2016 12:59 AM
Miss Lucy Lilly help GDD United Kingdom 0 11-07-2006 09:55 AM
Lantana "Miss Huff" Beth Peace North Carolina 3 01-05-2003 05:45 PM
what do I miss? laz Freshwater Aquaria Plants 12 20-04-2003 06:16 AM
Near miss Dominic United Kingdom 5 16-04-2003 10:09 PM