Old 09-08-2009, 07:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Question

Hey Everyone,
I have been seeing someone by the name of Smile Champ posting messages
about his new Mr. Sifter. Has any one tried it or checked it out? I
just wanted an opinion of what everyone else thought before thinking
about getting one for myself.
Let me know what you think about it: http://groups.google.com/group/mr-sifter

Please let me know your opinion of them!

Thanks
Brandy
Old 09-08-2009, 07:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Brandy wrote:

Hey Everyone,
I have been seeing someone by the name of Smile Champ posting messages
about his new Mr. Sifter. Has any one tried it or checked it out? I
just wanted an opinion of what everyone else thought before thinking
about getting one for myself.
Let me know what you think about it: http://groups.google.com/group/mr-sifter

Please let me know your opinion of them!

Thanks
Brandy

Very poor quality spam just like your's. 3 posts vs. 8 or so.

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 09-08-2009, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 11:20:38 -0700 (PDT), Brandy
wrote:

Hey Everyone,
I have been seeing someone by the name of Smile Champ posting messages
about his new Mr. Sifter. Has any one tried it or checked it out? I
just wanted an opinion of what everyone else thought before thinking
about getting one for myself.

It is so easy and inexpensive to make a custom screen, why buy one? I
made one from 2x4s and 1/2" hardware cloth. Used rabbet-jointed
corners, wood-glued, and nailed thin strips of wood over the hardware
cloth edges. I used an oil finish. It is going on its 15th year of
heavy use. No rust, but I store it in the garage. You may want to
make more than one with different size hardware cloth. My sifter
dimensions were determined on how it rests on top of the wheelbarrow.
Use galvanized or SS nails. Butt joints can be used if you reinforce
the corners with metal shelf brackets. Sifting compost through this
sifter makes fluffy gardener's black gold.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

We got the message, now go intercourse yourself ;O)

In article
,
Brandy wrote:

Hey Everyone,
I have been seeing someone by the name of Smile Champ posting messages
about his new Mr. Sifter. Has any one tried it or checked it out? I
just wanted an opinion of what everyone else thought before thinking
about getting one for myself.
Let me know what you think about it: http://groups.google.com/group/mr-sifter

Please let me know your opinion of them!

Thanks
Brandy

--
Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common denominator in our exploitative economic system.*
~Channing E. Phillips

http://tinyurl.com/o63ruj
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm
Old 10-08-2009, 01:39 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 8/9/2009 11:20 AM, Brandy wrote:
Hey Everyone,
I have been seeing someone by the name of Smile Champ posting messages
about his new Mr. Sifter. Has any one tried it or checked it out? I
just wanted an opinion of what everyone else thought before thinking
about getting one for myself.
Let me know what you think about it: http://groups.google.com/group/mr-sifter

Please let me know your opinion of them!

Thanks
Brandy

I certainly would not buy anything from a source that spams this (or any
other) newsgroup.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

Old 10-08-2009, 01:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

http://home.comcast.net/~frank.logullo/clunker.JPG
Old 18-08-2009, 12:54 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Aug 9, 9:44*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 8/9/09 6:12 PM, in article ,

wrote:

[...]

Love mine to pieces. The 1/4 inch hardware cloth might have been overkill,
but I don't know that I care too much.

Cheryl- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for everyone's advice!