Old 27-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Tom C

Default bettles

Does anyone have any natural methods of controlling if not killing squash bugs and cucumber beetles that seem to attack my plants every year. Best wishes Tom C.

Old 27-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Dwayne

Plant rotation and hand picking. Lay boards on the ground by your plants, and once a day, during the heat of the day, turn them over and get even with them by squashing the squash bugs. Otherwise I have never heard of a natural method. Squash bugs get started when one that flies around finds them, and lays eggs. If you find sosmething else, let us know.

Dwayne

Old 27-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Tom C

Dwayne, thank you for you answer. I am a old farmer and thought that there might be some new way now that has come along to do this deed. However if its any help to you I have heard of putty cedar boughs from cedar bushes around them as well as planting marigolds with them of which I think I will try. I hope this helps you too. Best wishes Tom C.

Old 20-05-2003, 03:08 PM
Beecrofter

--

Go out in the morning with a propane torch like you would use to
solder plumbing connections. Quickly pass the flame over the beetles.

Don't burn the place down, it only takes the kind of pass that would
sing the hair on your arm.