Old 12-08-2009, 11:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default What kind of plant is this? picture link. Flax? Phormium?

I would like to find out how to take care of our plant, but don't know
the name of it. It has rust spots on it. here is a picture link.
thanks

http://tinyurl.com/orksxq

http://tinyurl.com/ku2byt
Old 13-08-2009, 07:24 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 8/12/2009 3:34 PM, lbbss wrote:
I would like to find out how to take care of our plant, but don't know
the name of it. It has rust spots on it. here is a picture link.
thanks

http://tinyurl.com/orksxq

http://tinyurl.com/ku2byt

It looks like some kind of yucca. If so, it needs fast-draining soil
with only occasional deep watering (maybe only once a month in the
summer, depending on species). While some yucca species are quite
hardy, others are definitely subtropical and cannot take more than a
very light frost.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
Old 14-08-2009, 05:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

thanks, mine looks like the soft leaf yucca, but not sure if that is
it, since I live in canada, not tropical wheater at all.