Old 29-07-2004, 04:12 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Good picture link of a pond in Hawaii!

As some of you may know, I pretend to be an Architect when I am not serving
my Koi!

Anyway, this link was featured in one of our professional rags.

http://www.aia.org/secure/members/ai...bp_fishing.htm

Happy reading.
--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 29-07-2004, 04:33 AM
SVTKate

Hey!
I thought you were on vacation!

Kate

Old 29-07-2004, 07:12 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Just got back today.

Left (was suppose to leave) Baltimore Washington International Tuesday night
at 9:00 pm, then the mother of all rain and lighting started! Stuck on the
freaking runway for 2-1/2 hours! Missed my connecting flight in Vegas at
1:00 am today. Me, wifey, 3 daughters, 12months, 8 years, and 10 years.
The two older girls wanted to know why Daddy can't do something about the
delay and the missed flight.

The trip was fine. My girls and my wife got to see everything they've
learned in the history book for the first time. They absolutely loved
Jamestown, Williamsburg, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Hampton, Newport News,
Suffolk, and Arlington Va,. Loved DC with all the monuments and government
places.

I got all emotional standing in the center of modern democracy! The center
of the capitol. Had to give my family a speech on how moved I was that the
entire capitol, revolves around the center which in turn represents the
people. All the might and power in that building and in that city is
actually in the hands of the people in small towns and villages. The bums
can be thrown out without any military coup, war or such other non sense! I
totally digressed didn't I?

Anyway they loved Baltimore Inner Harbor and Big Bubba's Barbq, Chesapeake
Bay Bridge tunnels, Bowie, Annapolis, on and on. I did a drive by of North
Carolina (Elizabeth City).

The family suffered under the heat and humidity of the east coast though!
Lucky enough that we stayed for the most part in 3 star hotels (Marriott DC
at the convention center, Hyatt Regency at the Capitol, Sheraton at Norfolk
Waterside, etc.

Next year Europe? My European friends, you are being given a 12 month
advance notice!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

ink.net...

Old 29-07-2004, 07:12 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Old 29-07-2004, 09:48 AM
George

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
As some of you may know, I pretend to be an Architect when I am not serving
my Koi!

Anyway, this link was featured in one of our professional rags.

http://www.aia.org/secure/members/ai...bp_fishing.htm

Happy reading.
--
_______________________________________

That's not a pond. That's a lake! Wow!

Old 29-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
news
Just got back today.

Left (was suppose to leave) Baltimore Washington International Tuesday

night
at 9:00 pm, then the mother of all rain and lighting started! Stuck on

the
freaking runway for 2-1/2 hours! Missed my connecting flight in Vegas at
1:00 am today. Me, wifey, 3 daughters, 12months, 8 years, and 10 years.
The two older girls wanted to know why Daddy can't do something about the
delay and the missed flight.

A mother of a storm eh? We were swimming when the skies darkened and
exploded. It rained like that until 7am the next day. We got about 3-4
inches. The pond overflowed, and the pool is near overflowing.

The trip was fine. My girls and my wife got to see everything they've
learned in the history book for the first time. They absolutely loved
Jamestown, Williamsburg, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Hampton, Newport News,
Suffolk, and Arlington Va,. Loved DC with all the monuments and

government
places.

Awesome. I am glad you didn't pop in to see Shareholders Pond. It is a mess,
and I wouldn't want to soil your image of MD.

I got all emotional standing in the center of modern democracy! The

center
of the capitol. Had to give my family a speech on how moved I was that

the
entire capitol, revolves around the center which in turn represents the
people. All the might and power in that building and in that city is
actually in the hands of the people in small towns and villages. The bums
can be thrown out without any military coup, war or such other non sense!

totally digressed didn't I?

I've worked downtown for years. Funny how you revel in it, and I deplore it.
I guess when you are there all day, every day, it kind of wears on you. Not
to mention I get to see the parts of DC that are not so romantic. Did you
get to check out any of the ponds in DC? The zoo has a nice one, and there
are a few nices ponds around the city.

Anyway they loved Baltimore Inner Harbor and Big Bubba's Barbq, Chesapeake
Bay Bridge tunnels, Bowie, Annapolis, on and on. I did a drive by of

North
Carolina (Elizabeth City).

The family suffered under the heat and humidity of the east coast though!
Lucky enough that we stayed for the most part in 3 star hotels (Marriott

DC
at the convention center, Hyatt Regency at the Capitol, Sheraton at

Norfolk
Waterside, etc.

Heat and humidity? Har har har. We've been wondering why summer is not here
yet.

Next year Europe? My European friends, you are being given a 12 month
advance notice!

snip

Glad you had a good time.

BV.

Old 29-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Gareee©

So potassium permanganate isn't harmful to wildlife, but kills the algae.

Wonder if it's avaiable anywhere, as a replacement for the Barley Straw?

There might be some generic version of it availabel cheaply.

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 30-07-2004, 02:08 AM
RichToyBox

I haven't found that the use of PP kills algae. I am sure that if you use
enough, it might. But at that level it would probably kill fish. PP is
great for making the water sparkle, but most of that I attribute to the
killing of any bacterial cloud, and burning of the protein layer.
--
RichToyBox

Old 30-07-2004, 02:15 AM
George

"Crashj" wrote in message
om...
"Gareee©" wrote in message
So potassium permanganate isn't harmful to wildlife, but kills the algae.

Wonder if it's avaiable anywhere, as a replacement for the Barley Straw?

There might be some generic version of it availabel cheaply.

?? A generic for a chemical compound ?? Why didn't we all think of that?
--
Crashj

I would think that it would not be very easy to obtain since it is a strong
oxider, and its heat of reaction with reducing agents or combustibles may cause
ignition. Contact with oxidizable substances may cause extremely violent
combustion (explosion). Given the current climate regarding terrorism, I would
suspect that it would be restricted in its sale and usage.

Here is a link to a material safety data sheet (MSDS) on it:

http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/p6005.htm

It is not a chemical to be handled casually.

Old 30-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Benign Vanilla

"George" wrote in message
. ..
snip
I would think that it would not be very easy to obtain since it is a

strong
oxider, and its heat of reaction with reducing agents or combustibles may

cause
ignition. Contact with oxidizable substances may cause extremely violent
combustion (explosion).

Especially since we are so oxidizable ourselves. PP is not to be triffled
with. We've got some links about it here,
http://www.iheartmypond.com/Treatmen...e/default.asp/.

BV.

Old 30-07-2004, 02:55 PM
Ann in Houston

I didn't find a link to a pond. Just the article with the wide angle view
of the resort hotel and the two pretty pics of the koi. Where do I click to
see the pond?